"Deal." I say to them shaking their hand. I gave them a hug and went back to my room.

I layed on my bed placing my phone right next to me.

Would he text me? Call me? I hope so.

But why was I so eager? I shouldn't be desperately waiting for a guy, right?

Before I knew it, it was 2 a.m. and I had given up hope. I placed my phone on the dresser.

I know Dan. If he really wanted to reach out to me, he would have done it by now.

As I went to my bed to go to sleep, my phone chimed. I quickly ran to my dresser and read the text. It was from Dan.

dan: you still up?

I texted back instantly.

y/n: yeah

dan: let's talk. meet me in 10 minutes.

I simply texted back

y/n: ok.

I put on a coat, some skinny jeans, and my f/c converse.

I left a note for f/n saying that I went for walk to think. I grabbed my keys and went out.

The only place that we always went to and that would make sense at this time is the park.

When I got there I didn't see anyone around so I went to go sit on the bench that was by the pond. I looked at the ripples being created by the dragonflies and wondered if waiting here really was the best idea. Before I could make a decision on whether or not to leave there was a voice behind me.

"Hi."

I turned around to see Dan with tired eyes. The only source of light around us was coming from the moon and the dim park lights. I smiled still not understanding how I could miss someone as much as I missed him. All I wanted to do was run into his arms and tell him exactly that but I didn't. I said the first thing that came to mind.

"Hi."

I mentally slapped myself.

He then came to the bench and sat next to me. Not like right next to me as I would've liked but to where there was a few inches between us. I looked up at him and he was just staring at the pond in deep thought. He's probably wondering what to say. I wasn't sure what to do or say either so I stared at the pond too. Then there was a silence. It wasn't awkward and it wasn't comfortable. It was just silence. The only sound was coming from the crickets around the pond.

"Y/n" he starts.

I look up at him expecting to be met with his eyes but he was still looking at the pond watching the dragonflies. I look down at my hands rubbing them together to try and create heat. It was actually quite cold right now. Well it is the middle of the night and we are sitting right next to water. I roll my eyes at myself. Dan snapped me out of my thoughts and turned at me.

"I'm so sorry." He sighs. "Phil told me everything and I can't believe I didn't even let you explain yourself. I'm sorry I didn't believe you. I guess I'm just full of myself and immediately went to thinking that you would cheat on me."

I looked closely into his eyes and saw that they were sincere. This is him. This is the cute, wholehearted, clumsy Dan I love. I mean I didn't mind the other persona he had but I just like this one more.

I couldn't help myself because before he could say anything else I closed the space between us with a kiss. He was unsure at first but then kissed me back just as eagerly as I did. He pulled away caressing my face with his cold hand and just looked into my eyes. I leant into his touch wondering how I managed two weeks without him. He smiled.

"So does that mean you forgive me?" He asks still unsure.

"Of course you spork." I say happily.

"Thank God." He says before pulling me into another kiss.

The kiss was perfect too. But before I could fully indulge into it, I pulled back.

"But we really have to work on your trust issues."

He sighs and rolls his eyes. "Fine."

He then looks back down at my lips and smirks.

"But after this."

He pulls me in for a deeper and more passionate kiss. I couldn't help but smile into it.

Gosh how I missed this adorable dork.

~hello reader! thank you so much for reading my first short fan fiction story thing lol i hope you enjoyed and i hope you join me on a journey of me writing more stuff like this or maybe even longer stories, who knows though tbh anyways i hope you have a good day, week, month, and year. Bye for now:))~