5: Believe His Heart

Start from the beginning

Masato, Natsuki, & I:dasou

All:"egao" sono tame ni...

utaitai!

Otoya, Masato, Natsuki and I stretch after trying out the choreography Masato and I had just produced for our group song project. It was due in a couple days. We thought the song would be the hard part, but the steps were harder. We had to keep altering the moves for the taller people...Natsuki *cough*

I sat on the edge of a small stone wall in between the pillars closest to where we were practicing outside. Syo, who had wandered over in the middle of us rehearsing, handed me a water bottle. "Yo, you guys made up all that? I'm shocked!"

"Thanks." I say it for the water bottle, "And what? Didn't believe I could choreograph?"

"Didn't believe any of you could dance!" I frowned at Syo.

"What are you talking about Syo? Of course we all can dance. It was part of the entrance exam you know? I personally scored higher than I thought I would." Otoya puffed his chest up.

"You da main one."

"Eh?"

"I didn't think you could dance especially, Otoya." Syo tells him, and Otoya has clouds over his head. "Can you freestyle?"

"Freestyle?"

"Yeah, you know. Make up moves according to the beat on da spur? Like this." Syo got up and showed him a sequence.

"Okay Syo, I see you!" I say, "You sure you just came up with that though?"

"Of course I'm sure! I maybe a liar sometimes, but I'm not a cheat! Remember it!" He says pointing up at me on impulse. I laughed and his ears flushed.

Otoya stopped stretching, "So that's freestyle? Then maybe something like this?" Otoya busted out a sequence of his own making everyone around him look at him. When he was done he stared at everyone, "What is it!? Did I do it wrong!?" The rest of us were speechless. "Guys don't just stand there! Say something!" Syo walked over to Otoya holding his hand out at him at his head level for a ghetto-like handshake. Otoya shook it.

"You have my respect. Senpai."

"Eh?"

"Ah Haru-chan!" Natsuki spoke up, "How was our dance? The test is next Friday!"

"I hope we'll be ready..." Masato murmured.

"It was amazing! My toes were tapping!" Haruka exclaims.

Otoya and Natsuki smile at each other, "Alright then we're set!" When Otoya puts up the peace sign backwards again, I put his arm down. "Wrong way again? Gomen Gomen..."

"No, we've still got a ways to go." Masato says bursting their bubble further, "The rhythm is far off beat. That's a long way from perfection." All of us have clouds over our heads, excluding Syo and Masato.

I sigh, "You're right. It's because Natsuki and Otoya wanted to have the ninja sequence."

"The sequence shouldn't be the problem!" They quickly protested.

"The moves aren't the problem! It's you two not completing them in time with the music!" They put their heads down, sweatdropped.

"Well that's..."

"Let's just...keep up with the tempo 'kay?"

"Ah..." I lay back against the pillar.

"Don't sweat the small stuff!" Syo proclaims, "You'll get it guys. It takes time to perfect a fighting dance sequence, trust me I know." Syo fights the air.