Engagement

SURPRISE!!!!

Lucy POV

So...where do I begin? Well why don't I tell you about the day I was having.

I was bloody, I was bruised, I was aching all over. All thanks to a certain Fire Dragon Slayer and his blue happy go lucky cat and an ice mage. We had went on a mission to a nearby mountain range to take out some beasts causing havoc on the locals food supplies, fairly routine, kill some beasts, get paid, back home, date with my beloved red hair Knight. Simple enough right? Nope! Natsu and Grey got into a fight about how they should take out the nest which resulted in houses and roads being destroyed, people injured, eventually the beasts being killed in the end, thanks to me.

Anyway, we managed to get back to the guild in somewhat one piece, the boys gave me the majority of the reward money as thanks for saving their skin. We had parted ways at the guild them going inside, and I heading off to mine and Erza's house. It was a relatively quiet walk, the locals waved hello to me as I passed. It was relaxing. But all I could think about was Erza, it had only been a week but I missed her. She seemed off though when I left, like she was hiding something, I didn't have time to press the matter further due to Natsu dragging me out of the guild Hall.

There! I could see it, my home, our home. My love would be there, and I'd give her the biggest hug ever. Well...maybe a bath would be in order first. I put the key in the lock but found the door was open anyway. Strange, Erza always locks the door. I entered and found paper covering the floor, the sofa, the tables. It was everywhere. Amongst the piles of paper erza was there, on her hands and knees, she seemed to be looking for something

"Erza?"

A bang, followed by a shout

"Lucy?"

She stood up rubbing her head, she was covered in dirt and paint? I couldn't tell. Her face turned into a grin "Lucy!" She ran towards me and eloped me in a hug

"Oh my love, I've missed you, you weren't meant to be back for a couple of days"

We pulled apart and kissed, "I know, we managed to get rid of the beasts" I looked around "whats going on?"
She sighed "I lost something"
"you lost something?"
She nodded
"what did you lose?"
"Well..."
"Erza?"
She rubbed the back of her neck "OK, don't be mad, but I had been planning something with Jellal"

Jellal? She hasn't spoken to him in months

"OK..."
"And this was meant to be finished for when you came back but obviously I hadn't handled my time correctly, those two were meant to keep you away a couple days longer"
"Right..."

She sighed and looked at the mess "I guess I went a bit overboard" I chuckled "a bit overboard? Baby, you don't do subtle or romantic" I kissed her lips, she pulled away sharply

"What's wrong?"
"You stink"

"Oh thanks totally something you say to the girl of your dreams" she laughed "go take a bath, ill try and tidy things up here" I nodded and walked to the bathroom, I managed to get a proper look at myself, my god, I looked a sight for sore eyes, yet Erza still finds me beautiful. I ran the bath and climbed in, the hot water relaxing my aching muscles, it felt so good. I washed all the blood and dirt from my skin and hair before laying back and soaking in the water when all I heard was what I could only describe as a bunch of books falling, Erza swearing and a loud thud.

"So goes for my long relaxing bath"

I jumped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around myself, I ran back to our living room and almost burst out laughing at the sight, Erza underneath a bookcase, I walked over to her and looked down at her, well, her legs

"You alright?"

No answer

"Erza?"

"Found it!"

The bookcase moved back to where it was and Erza was standing up with one hand on the bookcase moving it back to position and a...ring in her other hand?

"Finally, now I can propose to..." she turned around "Lucy?" I looked at her then at the ring and gasped, it was a Ruby, the most beautiful Ruby I had ever seen. Erza looked at me then at the ring "well...subtly is out of the question and my plans out the window but nows a good time than any" she got down on one knee

"Lucy Heartfillia, you are the most amazing, talented, most beautiful woman in all of Fiore, I have never been more in love with anyone, than I am with you, I would be honoured to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Tears filled my eyes "yes! A thousand times yes!" She beamed up at me and slid the ring onto my finger, I admired it and looked down at my Fiance, she stood up still smiling before kissing me passionately. Our foreheads touched. So when people ask me how we got engaged, I always say that it was amongst chaos, but was a beautiful moment none the less. And the rest, is history.

OK, so hello everyone, I realise it's been a while since I've written anything. Decided to write this up to test the waters but don't expect regular updates, a lot has changed but I may continue some of my other stories or the one shots if I feel up for it.