Chapter Sixteen: Distracted

🌹🌹🌹

"Who is him?" Vulcan glowers down at Seere, a prince of hell who happens to be kneeling at my feet.

Seere didn't break his gaze from mine, instead his golden blonde brows furrow. He lifts his hand to touch me again, but Vulcan growls a warning. Then demands an answer.

"Well?"

Seere looks away from me for a moment to peer up at Vulcan then right back at me. His features soften, the corners of his eyes crinkling as he smiles brightly up at me. He appears to have an angelic personality for someone with a title that dark.

If he really is a prince of hell, then why would he look so kind. Why do I want to know more about him?

"I apologize," he says softly, his delicate voice like a song on the wind. "It appears I have made a grave mistake."

"Don't apologize," I say, my own voice soft and delicate like his.

Even though my words came out soft, Seere's body flinches. His eyes once again were wide like he were analyzing me. Then he suddenly vanishes to find his seat again. When I try to look his way, Vulcan steps in my line of sight.

"Stay right next to Lolette and Kaspar, please," Vulcan says meeting my eyes with a desperate plea.

He laces his fingers in mine and squeezes slightly like he were praying I listen to him. That look of concern on his face made me feel guilty, especially with what I will say to him tonight. Before I could say anything to him now, he lunges off the side of the balcony.

A frightened gasp escapes as I lung myself towards the railing to find him. With frantic eyes, I see him smirking up at me. He gives me wink then stalks off towards the warriors who gather in the arena. His tall stature nearly towers over every male out there as they make way for him to walk in the center. He stands next to the man named Howl as they begin conversing with the contestants.

"Ignore it," Lolette says bluntly. "You will soon get used to the dramatic entrances the men like to make around here."

With relief exhaling out of me, I sit back down careful to not meet Kai's stare as I do. Lolette continues to talk about the others around us. The royalty of the Dark Realm and so on. The games began and I couldn't even bring my eyes up to watch what is going on down below.

Instead, I kept stealing glances over at Seere who also has been glancing at me. It wasn't that I am attracted to him like Vulcan, but I am drawn to who he is. There is this connecting feeling that I could see he noticed as well.

It is strange.

"Seven thrones for the seven keepers of peace," Kaspar says grabbing my full attention as the King of Werewolves now speaks to me. "The stories of our ancestors began in this very arena."

Kaspar is looking ahead, his chin resting in the palm of his hand almost looking like he were bored. His jet black hair is neatly combed back with a few strands falling against the tan skin of his forehead. His eyes follow my stare and he gives me a smile showing off his perfect white teeth.

His strong features were exactly like Ace's. In fact, they look like they could be twins if it weren't for the small differences of eye and hair color. Now that I think about it, Ace and Kaspar must be related considering the 'K' in Kaspar's name.

I noted to ask him that question later.

"Beneath it, was a prison that has long since been shut down. The ones known as the keepers of peace whom sat on these very thrones would sentence criminals to their death by releasing rabid wolves on them. A human woman, with her limbs bound by chains fought the beasts as they tore flesh from her body. After she let out her last shout of plea she had discovered that the wolves listened to her command," Kaspar takes a moment to pause meeting my now curious gaze.