Chapter Nine: The Void

🌹🌹🌹

🌹🌹🌹

"Elaine?"

My attention was pulled away from mine and Lolette's conversation when I saw Vulcan hurry into the room. The look of horror is displayed on his face when he spots my collapsed body.

We watch as he hurries past us over to my unconscious body that was sprawled out on the floor.

"Elaine," He breathes out softly as he lifts me into his arms. "What happened?" His voice changes from his soft tone to a very dark one. Vulcan looks around the room for the cause when his eyes land on Lolette's body. His eyes narrow angrily for a moment before his attention draws back to me.

"Elaine, you need to wake up sweetheart," He shakes my body receiving no response. "Please, open your eyes," he desperately demands.

Vulcan clearly begins panicking when he pulls me closer in a protective manner. "I can hear her heart beating, relax Vulcan. Her heart is beating," He whispers to himself.

His fists close tightly, his jaw clenching in pure anger. He breathes in, letting out a shaky breath. He repeats it a couple more times to calm himself.

My heart starts to ache like I was missing some huge part of me. This man, why does he care so much about me?

I reach out to try and console him, but the Lolette grabs my hand and pulls it back. "He can't see, feel, or hear us. We're astral projecting."

Anger fills his eyes as he lands his fist on the ground making the marble floor crack underneath us.

"Vulcan? You ran off suddenly, what's happened?" A man came into the room staring down at Vulcan with his golden eyes. He took in his surroundings and spots the Lolette on the floor.

"Not again," the man sighs. He must be the King, Kaspar.

"I don't feel her presence," Vulcan stated.

"Lolette is Astro projecting," the man tells Vulcan. "Fuck this is not good Vulcan. We must prepare for the worst immediately."

"What do you mean?" Vulcan growls dangerously up at the man.

Unfazed by Vulcan's aggression, the man simply crosses his arms explaining the situation. "The last time she had done this she didn't come back for awhile. What felt like days to her were weeks of hell for me. Everything is normal until the third day hits, then we will be fending off demons until they return. If their bodies die, then their souls are trapped in the void forever."

Vulcans eyes widen up at the King. He opens his mouth to say something, but no words came out. Vulcans anger consumes him and the veins start popping out on his forehead.

"Elaine," Lolettle's calls me. "We must go, so we don't worry them too much longer."

She is right, the longer I stay watching him the longer it will take for me to return. I nod my head agreeing. For a moment, I wonder why she hadn't told them we would be doing this but it made sense now. She had her reasons because they would stop us, but even I no longer want to wait for the answers I'm seeking.