Chapter Ten: Mysterious Woman

🌹🌹🌹

                                       🌹🌹🌹

"Don't worry about your fox friend, we have some catching up to do." The woman's voice echoes all around me.

A pair of crimson red eyes glow before me, much like Zyra's. The familiar malicious intent makes my body twitch in fear of another vampire coming for me. The thought of their teeth sinking into my skin once again made me shudder all over.

I want to speak, but my fear has me tongue tied.

"About your mother," she says, grabbing my attention. "Father, Uncle, and even Vulcan. The man that finds you to be his most precious prize," her voice is gentle, but cold. I could see her eyes grow dark when she mentions me being Vulcan's precious prize.

Still, no words have left my mouth. Thinking that if I make the slightest noise will bind me here forever, I only listened to what the mysterious woman had to say.

"You could at least give me some kind of reaction," she says amused by my silence.

Never, I thought as I close my eyes wishing she would vanish.

She scoffs. "You listened well to the fox," she spat out. "She is the only reason you aren't swallowed up by the void. No matter though, if it is your past you seek I shall tell you."

"I am most certain you are curious who I am," she chuckles slightly. "It is rude of me to be so informal, but I don't have much time so let's cut right to the chase."

The woman's voice circles me like a predator would it's prey.

"It's not easy for a human to seek out the Dark Realm," She begins to speak again. "Nor seek help within it. Your mother fell bedridden and your father sought me out to heal her. During his journey he came across a creature willing to do anything for money. Your Father promised him a large payment in return for his service. The creature agreed immediately."

"Eventually he found me with the creature as his guide. Your Father's proposal to save his true love's life was very noble of him. As a Father though, most would find him despicable. He knew that giving life meant taking a life. He offered you in exchange for your mother's."

There was no telling if it were true, but my heart fell at the thought of my own Father giving up his only daughter. What kind of person would do such a thing to their own child? Weren't parents supposed to protect their children?

"A remarkable proposition had been bestowed upon me, so it was in my best interest for me to indulge further. I suggested you be given to the creature as his beast inside had been craving fresh blood to be spilled," she whispers the last part right in front of me. I could feel the presence of her a few inches away from my face when suddenly she vanishes.

"To my surprise, the creature kept you for himself, protecting you, not allowing any harm to ever befall you. No matter how many times I sought to end your life he would prevail every single time," she snarls. "For so long, I had wondered how it was possible for your mother to regain her consciousness while you lived. It drove me mad that he, that vile bastard, had an undying love for you!" The woman snaps, I could feel the pressure of her anger directed towards me.