eleven

The days that follow go by slowly for the boys, as there is not too much to do except spend time together in their apartment. Taehyung and Jungkook haven't gotten too much time for themselves, spare the few times they kissed. They both knew the risks of trying to kiss and do more in the nights, considering Namjoon is a light sleeper and the members would definitely wake up if they make too much noise. 

But the tension has been overbearing to say the least, and whenever they have dinner or lunch, the pair make eye contact and sometimes it short, normal to say the least. But sometimes it's fierce, and long lasting. 

It's some kind of unspoken rule that they are not too physical with each other considering the hyungs don't know about their 'relationship' yet, whatever that means. 

But Jimin seems to notice that, and asks Taehyung late one night whether things are alright between the two of them, saying that they seemed "quite off," and that "you two talk so much more, it's so weird,". Of course Taehyung waved it off saying that it's fine to which he received raised eyebrows but a firm nod nonetheless. 

"Dinner tonight, the staff are treating us somewhere special to celebrate and talk about our success over the past year," Hoseok said at around six, which gave the boys less than an hour to get dressed.  

Jungkook didn't particularly mind, seeing that he took bath and dressed fairly quickly. He dressed up in pretty casual clothes, a white tee with black ripped jeans. He's the first to head out and gets to the bottom of the apartment and goes into their car. When they travel, the members usually split up into two cars, one with three and the other one with four. Jungkook heads into the first one he sees. 

To his surprise, Taehyung's already in there, looking down at his phone. He looks up to see Jungkook and his eyes widen before he smiles warmly. 

"Hey stranger," Taehyung says and pats to the seat next to him, and Jungkook smiles before gratefully sitting next to the older. Jungkook, when he is sure that the driver isn't looking, sneaks a light kiss at his lips and blood rushes over to Taehyung cheek's dusting them a light pink that's visible even in the car's shitty lighting. Taehyung opens his mouth to say something along the lines of stoppp but before they can talk, however, Hoseok and Yoongi enter the car, and soon, a conversation starts. 

The couple hog the backseat, which isn't anything far from usual. Even before the whole incident happened between Taehyung and Jungkook, the pair used to try and spend their time together, and these little moments counted a lot. And while their hyungs wandered on about their upcoming comeback after their vacation, the couple remained quiet. But as Taehyung rested his head on Jungkook's shoulder, the younger was the one who took Taehyung's hands and threaded them with his own. He hears a light gasp from Taehyung but the other smiles when he looks at him.

And for a second there, as the moving lights from outside the car falls on Taehyung's face, Jungkook has the sudden urge to take Taehyung's cheeks in his palm and kiss him. Not because of how beautiful he looks under the lights but because of the genuine smile that rests on his sharp features that makes him look better than he has for a long time. Even more happy but Jungkook thinks he's getting too ahead of himself.

But the kiss ends as soon as it starts as they can't risk getting caught by their hyungs, who are immersed in a new beat that Yoongi came up with and huddled over the older's phone. Jungkook's cheeks still redden at the impulse and he raises his hand to his cheeks, feeling the heat radiate off. Taehyung chuckles besides him and nudges his soldier lightly. The younger just keeps smiling as he starts to look out the window again.

🚬

As the dinner progressed, Jungkook and Taehyung tried their hardest not to be too obvious about staring at each other, but it was quite the unprecedented challenge. Mostly because of the fact that their hyungs were suddenly very interested in Jungkook's sex life. It was Yoongi who popped the question first.