four

Another nightmare. 

Of course. 

Taehyung woke up, his heart racing and his forehead dripping with sweat. He shook off his bedsheet in an instant, his body too hot, the air conditioning seeming to not have an affect on his body at all. Only when Taehyung reached out a hand through his hair did he realize that he was crying. Tears were still streaming down the latter's face and Taehyung didn't know why. 

His nightmare was something he didn't wish to go back to, considering it might be too traumatic. The last week or so, Taehyung didn't sleep, heavy bags resting underneath his eyes almost always. Yesterday he slept better though, probably because Jungkook was close to him.

The younger was always a positive influence on him and he knew just the right things to cheer him up. But lately, all of them didn't work. And he knew he should have just gone to his bedroom and woke him up and cried to him instead. But Taehyung was sick. Sick and tired of this bullshit. 

So, the elder put on a black t-shirt with some black ripped jeans. He put on his mask, black sunglasses. He checked if he still had his necklace instinctively, the one that Jungkook had gifted him not long ago. He always wore it for good measure and it made him feel safe somehow. Today was no different. He slipped his wallet and phone into his pocket and slipped a dark jacket on and made his way to the door. 

And before anyone could realize, he was out the door, walking away with his earphones blasting a song he didn't pay much attention to as he he headed into the streets of Seoul at around 1AM. 

🚬

Jungkook woke up because of Yeontan, constantly licking at his face, barking lightly. Jungkook shook him off first but then he persisted and Jungkook gave in reluctantly. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, his voice raspy as he checked the time in his bedside clock. 

2:53 it glared out. Jungkook swore. Yeontan barked again. 

"What do you want me to do? Do you miss Tae, is that what this is all about?" he asked again at the dog at his face as he sat up, resting his back on the bed. Yeontan stopped barking as if agreeing. Jungkook sighed before getting up and taking Yeontan in his hands and walked over to Taehyung's room. He knocked first, waiting for a few minutes but no one answered. Not wanting to wake Taehyung up, the aforementioned opened the door and walked in. 

But no one was there. The bed was empty, the bedsheet seemingly thrown to the side. Jungkook didn't start panicking though, thinking that he was probably just using the bathroom. Taehyung was one of the lucky members to get his own bathroom in his room. But he entered the bathroom and no one was there. 

That was just around when Jungkook started to panic, exiting Taehyung's room and walking over to the living room and then the kitchen. But there was no sign of the blonde. And so Jungkook put on some clothes and headed out the door at 2:57, rushing out into the dark night with Yeontan in his arms. 

🚬

Taehyung stands quietly in the familiar rooftop, one that he's been with all the members, and he loves the way it seems so far away from the world. It's almost as if he's all alone but he can see everything in his life unfold before him. Memories flood through his mind and he smiles, but its bittersweet. Taehyung focuses on his breathing when the memories get overwhelming and instead he focuses on the view in front of him. 

He sees the way the skyscrapers in Seoul seem to still beam with life, even when its late into the night. He's always loved Seoul for its skyscrapers, how the sunlight gets caught in it in the mornings and how it is the sunlight when its darker. There isn't any sort of light in the rooftop he's in at the point, the only light is from the skyscrapers not far away. 

Taehyung leans down from the skyscraper and he watches as the roads are still bustling with life with cars buzzing through. Daegu is so much different to Seoul in so many ways, firstly it was so much quieter, not as many skyscrapers and not as populated. 

Flashbacks from his time in Daegu enter is brain uninvited and Taehyung closes his eyes in attempt to quiet the chaos in his mind. His hand instinctively head towards his charm necklace, the pendant feeling familiar in his palm, almost intimate. 

Being alone is something Taehyung loves and he seems to prefer it so much more than being with people lately. It's probably because she died. Everything changed after she did. Everything. The way Taehyung looks at the world changed and he started to blame everything on himself. Why the surgery for her mother failed, why she stopped talking to him, why she avoided him, why she pulled the trigger on herself. Why she didn't stop and think about him.

Maybe he wasn't that important to her. 

Who was he important to after all. 

Nobody.

Taehyung was all alone and he felt alone now more than ever. The blonde hugged the jacket closer to him, taking out his AirPods and shoved them into his pockets while he hugged his body, in hopes of spreading heat. 

But his body was cold, so cold. 

He didn't stop his silent tears this time, closing his eyes and let the droplets fall down with ease. He almost laughed bitterly at himself at his utterly unforgiving and pathetic state. He didn't have anyone to tell him that he mattered, that he was important. 

And Taehyung believed that, for a second, it would be better if he died, instead of her. 

But before his mind could dwell on that formidable thought,  he heard the door of the rooftop loudly and Jungkook raced through, the younger's eyes softening in the best way when he spots Taehyung on the rooftop. 

🚬