' demesne '

🐍

   "BETTY, RONNIE, help!" Ethel yelled as she collapsed beside Carmen's unconscious body. Her eyes surveyed over the girl as her hand brushed over her jacket, making it move to the side and revealed Carmen's opened wound.

Ethel gasped, tears welling up in her eyes. Not a second later, Veronica was running in, closely followed by Betty and Jughead.

"Carmen!" Veronica exclaimed, her hands finding the young Murdock's pulse point, stilling herself for a minute and sighed in relief, feeling the slow, weak pulse.

"Oh, my God, what happened?" Betty gasped.

"I think her stitches tore again. Call her dad," Veronica reached into the pocket of Carmen's jacket, snatching her phone and tossing it to Betty, who clumsily caught it.

The blonde's hands were shaking so hard and her eyes were filled with tears that Jughead had to take it from her and take over. "What's the password?"

"Does anyone know how to do stitches? The bleeding's stopped but we need to sew it for it to heal properly. She must've passed out from dehydration and the blood loss," Kevin asked the group.

"Someone just shut up," Carmen murmured tiredly, stirring. She winced at the pain jolting through her body, squinting her eyes as she sees the faces of her friends.

"Carmen, jeez. You scared the beelzebub out of us. How are you feeling?" The brunette pushed away some of them in an attempt to get up. Jughead kneeled down to help his newfound friend sit up, his arm supporting her back.

"Like I got hit by a truck. What the hell happened?" Carmen groaned.

"Ethel found you here passed out, what happened? What caused your stitches to rip?"

"Damn it, Dad's never gonna let me out of my room again when he finds out the stitches ripped. It was already broken last night, I put a bandage over it because I thought it had scabbed over, guess not." Carmen explained. She wasn't going to fault Cheryl for something she didn't know. Carmen didn't know what had caused Cheryl to snap last night, but Carmen had a few theories.

"You wanna get up?" Betty mumbled, rubbing her thumb over Carmen's shoulder.

"Sure,"

The group of them contributed to helping the young Murdock get up, and once she was finally upright, Archie was passing the phone hurriedly.

Carmen almost dropped it at his haste, causing her to glare at him. She answered the call, deciding to limp towards the living room. She didn't even have to speak before her father was already saying sentences that Carmen had problems deciphering from the speed.

"Slow down, Jesus. I'm not a robot who'll miraculously know what you're saying and the last time I checked, neither of you are rap gods." The young Murdock snapped.

"We're waiting outside Andrews' block. You have any plans to come home?" Apollo had humor laced in his tone when he spoke.

"Yeah, sure. Give me a minute," Carmen replied, before disconnecting the call. She turned to the kitchen, jumping when she saw Veronica standing behind her. "Crap, Ronnie,"

The raven head smiled at her, "Need to go?"

"Unfortunately. That date's still on, right?" Carmen hopefully begged that she receives an affirmative answer.

"Always," Veronica Lodge had never grinned brighter. "I'll walk you out."

The two girls, even descending from the stairs of the porch, were stuck like two peas in a pod. The black SUV awaited in the drive way but it was as if the two girls did not care about everything around them.