"Are you coming back to school soon El?" Jordan asked me hopefully. Zach's hand found mine and gave it a a gentle, comforting squeeze.

He knew I have been struggling with the decision, now that I was Alpha of the pack, it was important for me to be there at all times and I didn't want the pack to think I wasn't committed, but I enjoyed being away from the pack and spending time with my friends and I was only a few months away from finishing.

"I spoke to Tyler and he offered to fill in as almost a part time Alpha while I am in school and if I am desperately needed he will text me," I told her, nodding while another waitress brought three more plates. Blake quickly ordered an extra once he realised they hadn't anticipated Liam being here.

"So you will be back tomorrow?" Ryder asked me and I nodded, a mouthful of delicious salty bacon swarming my mouth.

"Yep," I replied once I had swallowed.

"What about you Zach? Are you coming back?" Mason asked him and I couldn't help the feeling of loss that surged through me.

"Nah, I don't need to protect Ella anymore and it's probably not a good idea since they might find out my age," he explained, shrugging.

"How would they find out?" Jordan asked, repeating the argument I had been having with him over the past few weeks.

"I don't know, but they might." He simply shrugged and curled an arm tightly around me, obviously knowing what was pinging about in my head right now.

We all ate our breakfast quietly, only engaging in light chit chat every now and then. After nearly an hour of being at the cafe, we opted to head back to the pack.

We trudged through the woods, Zach's arm slung around my waist, holding me close to him while Mason and Caroline strolled hand in hand at the front. The others all chatted between themselves until we all stopped abruptly.

"What?" Mason asked, whirling around to see us all frozen.

"Can you guys smell that?" Jordan barely whispered. Tears were brimming her moss green eyes and her skin was as white as a sheet as be sobbed quietly.

"Smell what?" Mason snapped impatiently while we all nodded in response to Jordan.

"Blood," I told him, panicked. I ripped out of Zach's arms and raced towards the part of the village the scent was originating from. With each thumping step on the forest floor, snapping twigs and crunching leaves, the aroma grew more powerful and more sickly. The sweet scent of fresh blood made my stomach flip and my palms sweat with anxiousness. I could hear my friends close behind me, also charging towards whatever danger there was. After what felt like hours of anticipation, we all finally emerged out of the forest and I stormed ahead through the streets of the village.

Screams and shouts echoed through the valley and a high pitched squawking scream rung out over all of them, clanging the alarm bells in my head. Once I reached the origin of the screams, my entire body froze. The sweat poured from my palms and my heart raced frantically in my chest while the oxygen stopped flowing.

Before me, two large wolves were attacking each other violently while swarms of people surrounded them. The shouts and screams halted and silence resonated through the village as I approached the scene.

Fury built up within me, boiling my blood and scolding my veins as a fiery pit of anger surged through me. My usually moss green eyes flashed a burning amber, glowing in the sunlight. "Enough," I roared, releasing a surge of dominance over the pack. Frozen, icy shards of power attacked them all, freezing them in place.

The two wolves that were my target cowered at my feet, slowly shifting back into their human form. I instantly recognised the one wolf as Greg, a kind elderly man who lived on the outskirts of town. A few months ago he had broken into my house and written a threat on my floor with blood in order to protect his daughter. Therefore, despite his wrong doings, I had taken a liking to this man.

The other wolf, I immediately knew was the one that initiated the fight. He was notoriously known for breaking and bending any rules and was constantly on my fathers bad side.

I had decided to give him a fresh start once I was announced as Alpha, however one of my rules were fighting amongst the pack was strictly forbidden and unless there was a good reason, the one who initiated the fight was to be executed.

I glowered at the two wolves threateningly, examining them both for signs of injury. That's when I realised they were both unharmed - meaning the fight had only just begun. The stench of blood was prominent here so my eyes began scanning the scene for the source.

And that's when they fell upon the lifeless body near the edge of the circle the crowds had formed. The small figure lay limp and gallons of blood pooled around them, drowning them.

****

Next update will be Friday as usual xx