C H A P T E R 2.3

It was Sunday morning when my father decided to go to church. That was urgent, I asked my myself. Anyway, I prepare my clothes then went to the cr.

As I was changing my clothes, I checked my Facebook account to see if Deidre had accepted my request. And luckily she accepted it. Another notification popped out. It was her, Deidre messaged me.

  "Good Morning Shiro, do you have my bag?" she asked. "Yup, your bag is safe with me" I quickly replied. "Thank Goodness. I thought I lost it somewhere." she added. "There's nothing to worry about, wanna meet up?". I asked. "Okay, today? Im going to church with my mom." she said. "Yeah sure, Im going also with my dad. See you there". I replied.

  Wow. I never thought it would be easy setting a meet up with her. Thanks to her bag. Who would have thought that this day would come so quickly. My dad is calling me downstairs. So I immediately go down.

  We went to church. On our way, "Son, after this were going to visit your mom." dad said. "Yeah, sure but I need to meet someone before it." I replied. Dad nodded and continued driving.

  At the church, there are so many people, Im not quite sure if meeting her here is a good idea. I tried to look for her but I cant. I tried chatting her but she's offline. Oh destiny, our faith is in your hands. The Father has started his mass. The topic was Forgiveness and Moving Forward . His words catch my attention.

  "Forgiving and moving forward are like twins, You forgive the one who trespass you and you move  forward as you forgive them. Don't make them as hindrance to your success." the father said. I Iook to the left and I saw Deidre's innocent face. She's so beautiful indeed she has the same features just like Yuki.

  She stands up and I follow her with her bag. She went to a well near the church's garden. I approached her," Hi Deidre" I said. "Oh, Hi Shiro" she replied. "By the way here's your bag". Silence came. We sat down in the bench near the fountain in the garden.

  "Uhm, Deidre your works are beautiful but it seems there's a deep meaning behind it, am I right? ". I asked. "Thanks. Yeah your right. There's  a deep meaning in every works I made. It helps me to unwind and relinquish the emotions that slowly dronwing me".she replied. She seems down and problematic. Were friends, but were not close. Maybe I should gave her some advice.

  "We are the same. I experienced downs in my life, but through art, I'm slowly rising up. Problems may came and drown us but through painting it gaves light that saves us. Through paintings we release all the emotions we are feeling". I said. Tears are slowly falling from her eyes. But she shed it off. I can feel her raging emotions. I didn't expect that her problem is so big. Even though I don't know what her problem is, we share the same feelings.

  "Thank you Shiro. Im slowly eating up by depression. Thanks because I met someone like you".she replied. "If you need a friend, I'm always here for you. Were friends right?". I said. "Yup were friends.Gotta go, my mom needs me. Bye Shiro". I waved her goodbye.

  After the mass, We went on the cemetery where my mom is. We bought flowers and candles for mom. Its been a month since I went here. This place is so peaceful. I saw my dad lighting up the candle and sat down beside her grave.

  My dad and I were not that close. There's a small gap within us. I remember my mom everytime I visit her. I remembered how she cares and loves me. How she support every competition I joined. Hoping one day, she'll come back but she would never be. Tears are slowly dropping from my eyes. Its been years since she left us. But still the sadness is within me. My dad stand up and hug me caressing my back.

  We left the grave, and went home. "Son, I'm always here by your side. If you need someone to ease your problem, I'm here to help you". His words are soothing. I hope I can freely open up to him but today, I can't. His my father but where he is, when my mom is dying, when I'm so down, when I'm drowning from depression.

  He's never been a father to me and here he is now? Trying to win me back? Do he think it would be easy? I quickly went to my room and slam the door shut. I put on my earphones and cried all night long.