41| "gowon lass!"

Today was the day I'd been waiting for, for the last six months and not in a good way. Mr Crane and the stylist were running around like maniacs trying to get everything in order to make sure the show went smoothly, the tech guy was doing a sound check with all of us to make sure our microphones were working fine. It was only two hours until we preformed in front of the full school and then at five this evening we were preforming for the parents—I was shitting myself. We'd all worked incredibly hard for this and I know deep down that we're all going to smash it but that didn't make my nerves vanish, I was sat in the corner getting my dress reupholstered to ensure that I didn't have a stumble running through my lines over and over again.

Considering Shakespeare wrote pretty long plays we couldn't do the full play because we'd be here for hours on end so we did it based off of the film but shortened down the slightest. All I knew was that Ash was as ready as ever, Esther was ready to shout at me—mother duties, and Brad was producing the 'credits' sound track which no one had yet heard. "Right, guys come on let's do one last run through!" Mr Crane called clapping his hands together in the process, everyone got up and went to centre stage. Ethan was playing Tybalt and Liam was playing Benvolio—which was their brawl scene to open the play.

-
The lights went out and the smoke machines burst open filling the stage in mist. The opening lines that were spoke by the head teacher played through the hall full of students:

"Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean."

The Montague boys entered the stage full of energy and anger as they shouted their lines, the Capulet boys soon entered taunting the others. Soon enough the brawl scene was under way, screams and shouts were heard from them all as they dived on the floor to dodge the 'bullets'. Tybalt pointed his 'gun' and shot it towards Benvolio attempting to kill him but missed.

They all ran off of the stage and then entered Lady Montague, Montague and Benvolio again.

"O, where is Romeo? saw you him to-day? Right glad I am he was not at this fray." Ingrid spoke her lines so fluently and loud that everyone could hear.

"Madam, underneath a grove of sycamore so early
walking did I see your son." Liam continued pacing around in worry. "Many a morning hath he there been seen, With tears augmenting the fresh morning dew." Daxon spoke. From where I was stood I could see that the audience were infatuated by the stage, everyone's doing so well so far and I'm so proud, I just had to wait until I went up there and messed everything up for everyone.

"Now, by my maidenhead, at twelve year old,
I bade her come. What, lamb! what, ladybird!
God forbid! Where's this girl? What, Juliet!" Grace the nurse spoke her words. My dreaded time came as I slowly stepped onto the stage propping myself on the bed which was in the centre of everyone. "How now! who calls?" My first lines had escaped my mouth, I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

"Your mother." The nurse stated, I turned my head to look at her properly "Madam, I am here. What is your will?" I asked.

Esther stormed on to the stage hands on hips "This is the matter:--Nurse, give leave awhile,
We must talk in secret:--nurse, come back again;
I have remember'd me, thou's hear our counsel.
Thou know'st my daughter's of a pretty age." Her tone calming as she spoke to the nurse.

-

PLAY SONG

The final scene was the hardest scene to crack during rehearsals because I kept laughing—death isn't funny but it's the way it planned out, Ash's face was just above mine as he spoke his lines thinking I was dead. The sound of the song Brad had sung and produced played quietly in the background as the play drew to an end.