Isabelle Olympus part 35

Start from the beginning

“No, I’m serious. We need you to actually think about this.” I snapped, impatiently. Percy’s life was on the line here and Dionysus was sitting there laughing.

My tone seemed to make Dionysus realise that this wasn’t a time to be making jokes because the smile left his face and he sat up higher in his chair.

“Ok, what seems to be the problem?” Dionysus asked with a straight face.

“Chiron wants to kill Percy.” I said, crossing my arms.

“Well, I’m all for that plan.” Dionysus said with a small chuckle. I decided to let that joke go because we were heading onto a depressing topic and Dionysus lightening the mood probably wasn’t that bad of a thing.

“I don’t want to kill Percy.” Chiron said, rolling his eyes.

“That’s a shame. Would you be open to animal transformation perhaps?” Dionysus asked, with a cheeky grin.

I gave him a look, letting him know that that was one too many jokes. We needed to keep this conversation on track.

“Ok, ok! I’ll be serious.” Dionysus said, holding his hands up in surrender.

“I had an idea.” Chiron started, but he didn’t get the chance to carry on because Dionysus decided to cut in again.

“That’s always dangerous.” Dionysus said, before bursting out in laughter at his own joke.

Anger started to swirl in my stomach. Could he not take anything seriously?

I quickly leaned over and slapped the back of his head before he could see me coming. I guess that in my anger I used more force than I had intended because I actually managed to knock Dionysus right out of his chair.

“I’m sorry, ok? Jeez!” Dionysus said, from his new position on the floor.

“I thought of a way to help with the situation in Olympus.” Chiron said, swiftly moving on before I could attack Dionysus again.

Dionysus was now once again seated in his chair but he had subtly positioned it so that he was now a bit further away from me. Probably in the hopes of being out of my reach if I decided to hit him again. He seemed to be forgetting that I was the daughter of all the Olympian gods and if I wanted to attack him I had others means at my disposal than just my fists.

 “I thought that we might send Percy on a quest.” Chiron continued, ignoring the glares that I was now throwing at him.

“Tell him what the quest would be for.” I said challengingly.

“It would be a quest to get the master bolt back.” Chiron admitted.

The look of shock on Dionysus’ face gave me hope. Maybe he would be on my side.