Happy Haunting!

This is a general service announcement. 

Hello! Sorry for the grim first sentence, and it's awful to be the bringer of sad news - but we've decided that we're going to put our contests on hold for now. It's term-time again, and unfortunately that means that most people don't have as much time on their hands (we don't blame you, because we're the same).

As such, we've decided that we're going to put our Contests book on hold until around December. In the meantime, we'll be working on larger-scale contests/awards like the Graphic Wattys - because yup, that's still happening! We're still going to put content out, and some of it will involve you as designers. Even so, in the spirit of being more inclusive, we're going to try and gear our activities towards designers of all levels.

Speaking of spirits, we've got one last update in this book here before it goes on hold! 

...okay, this is already an update. But we have a small contest, and we're going to have multiple prizes of it, just like our regular contests!

It's a celebration of Halloween. Four Guild members have chosen nouns that represent Halloween to them, and it's your job to guess them! In the paragraphs below - one paragraph for each member - please inline comment and say 'Trick or treat?'

We're using random.org's very reliable dice for it. It's a regular six-sided dice, and if we roll an odd number, we'll say trick, and you have to tell us a joke - rainbow crackers for you if you manage to make it Halloween-related. If we laugh, you'll get a clue for the word! If we roll an even number, we'll say treat, and you'll get the clue straightaway. Please note that you may only ask any Guild member trick-or-treat up to twice

Now for the prizes...

First person to guess all of the nouns correctly will get the chance to propose and name one of our categories for the Wattys

First person to guess all of the nouns correctly will get the chance to propose and name one of our categories for the Wattys. The first person to guess each individual noun correctly will get to contribute 5 songs towards a collective playlist of a total of 20 songs - these will be shared amongst the 4 people who win this prize!

Here's a bonus. If you make a graphic with all 4 nouns, you get to either design covers on our profile and have them up for a fortnight or receive a custom-made cover from a Guild member. This is just a bonus, though; you don't have to do it!

The Guild members are the following - please inline comment trick or treat.

Ray 

Imogene

Llyn

Lani

Thanks again, everyone! Have a great rest of the year, and we hope you've had an awesome one so far.