Contest #8 [CLOSED]

It is a dark and stormy night. The ominous caws of partyparrots ring throughout the town, unmoving on the threshold of midnight. Mist stalks through the cobbled streets, enveloping the faint light of the moon and shadowing the graveyard in a thick haze.

A grave shudders, a clawed hand escaping through the dirt.

Midnight strikes.

A scream: ten more tombstones begin to fragment as dark shadows emerge from their tombs, faces shrouded in shadow and in the blood of a thousand sins—

"WHERE IN POSEIDON'S UNDERPANTS ARE THE BALLOONS?"

Voices clamor. "And the welcome sign—"

"The confetti—"

"The cake?" Steffie asks, horror on the goddess' face. "It was supposed to be iced with the tears of my readers!"

"And the punch," Alli moans. "I ordered a perfect purée of our enemies' souls!"

Mya scowls. "The partyparrots are responsible creatures. Nothing was to go wrong—"

"If we'd just used the zombies, like I told you," Llyn says, hands on her hips. "Maybe we'd have a legitimate welcome party instead of a whole lot of nothing!"

Lani snaps several times, bringing the camera's attention to her. "Karl, are you getting this? Are you seeing this carnage? Our rise from the dead was supposed to be a major event, but there's no one here!"

"I'm sorry, Queen Lani, but—"

"But what?"

Mya sighs. "Never mind. Thanks Karl, you can cut to the contest now. We'll have to double-check the arrangements next time."

"I hand-picked those parrots," Alli huffs. "Parrotdad, Dealwithitparrot, and—"

She stops, eyes wide. She looks at Rachel, then Phoebe, Sarah, meeting the eyes of the rest of the Guild. Tension and suspense builds, the music swelling:

"SLACKIE!"

Hello! We're not dead (which you would've known if SLACKIE hadn't screwed up everything).

Anyway. *clears throat*

For this contest, you will be remaking one of your older covers. The only requirement is that the cover you choose to recreate and your final recreation should correspond/be similar in some way, using the original theme, models, or other elements of your choice to make the relationship between the two graphics evident. In addition, along with your cover, the post/chapter should include 3 things you've learned from designing, whether here on Wattpad or on another platform, and 2 things you wish you knew when you first started designing.

Examples from our goddesses RachelS8766 and LlynWildr:

Got it? Great! Let's move on

REQUIREMENTS:

• the new title must share at least one word with the old title, or be the same (not including articles like "the" or "and" or "a". An actual word XD)

• the new cover must have the dimensions of 512X800 pixels

• try to use the same author as the old one, but if you can't find it, make something up (we suggest Paige Turner, John Doe, etc. Puns will award you virtual cookies, but aren't necessarily necessary to win XD)

your username (not your pen name! This is so that if we lose track of who submitted what entry, as there tend to be a lot of comments, we still have your username on your graphic to go by!)

only one entry is allowed

comment in the chapter below with a link to your design to enter this contest! This comment should tag three people and us! For example, Hey! I posted my entry in my graphics book in the latest chapter! @GuildofGraphics @user1 @user2 @user3

PRIZES:

Yes! It's prize time!

:fiestaparrot:

The winner will get a collection of our most-used, favorite resources! This includes anything and everything from fonts, stock, Photoshop brushes, PNGs, stock providers, text styles, PSDs, mockups, textures (and we might've thrown Slackie in there too. Any takers?) There are multiple packs you can choose from, depending if you want Pixlr/mobile-based resources or Photoshop-based resources. There will be at least 50-200 items for you to download in one nice folder, and we'll try to include a little bit of everything for teen fiction and fantasy/sci-fi designers. 

You also get a free book jacket from The Partyparrot Queen (aka eosophobic), which can be replaced with pretty much any graphic of your choosing. 

Excited? We are too! We're glad to be back and we absolutely cannot wait to see your entries! Happy designing <3 And keep your eyes peeled for a little something exciting! ;)

DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, JULY 2ND (two weeks from today!)