Contest #3 [CLOSED]

*taps microphone*

*sharp squealing noise*

Is this on? Right. Ahem. Welcome, everyone, to our third contest! We hope our contests have been fairly original so far -- recreating your favorite songs and books and representing them through beautiful book covers -- and now, we're going to edge out of our comfort zone.

In this week's contest, you'll be creating a logo and a business card for one of two companies!

These two companies have approached us and are begging for your help! Here is some basic information you need to know:

o1: SPARKLE PLUSHIES CO.

SHIPPING ADDRESS:

123 Sparkle Street, Unicorntopia City, Unicorntopia 12345

CONTACT INFORMATION:

PHONE NUMBER: (555) 555-5555

EMAIL: sparkleplushiesco@unicorntopia.com

WEBSITE: www.sparkleplushies.com

PURPOSE:

Here at Sparkle Plushies, our mission has always been able to get the closest we can to selling happiness -- and every day, we get closer! Every time we sell one of our SparklePlushies, we make one child's day brighter, one child happier! Join us in our mission to create global happiness through the joy of our children.

o2: GREEN SOLUTIONS

SHIPPING ADDRESS:

987 Green Avenue, Solucity, Greensville 9876

CONTACT INFORMATION:

PHONE NUMBER: (888) 888-8888

EMAIL: greensolutions@gmail.com

WEBSITE: www.greensolutions.com

PURPOSE:

Neat freak and have had that stain on your counter for years now? Parents arriving tomorrow for a surprise birthday party and mom's favorite bowl still has frosting on it that's impossible to get off? Green Solutions has the answer! With our incredible formula wrapped up in a convenient spray bottle, we'll make your life easier, more convenient, and -- well -- better! Join us in our mission to find a solution to your green.

You must include:

• the company's logo (which you must design)

• their shipping address, contact information, and name

• dimensions must be 1050X600 pixels (it'll be a bit tricky!)

incorporate the tones and mood you think best suits the company and its mission (for example, having an abstract, clean, green feel to GreenSolutions and a flowery, pink feel for SparklePlushies)

• your username (not your pen-name, your actual username that people tag you by)

• comment in this chapter that tags three people and says something like: "Hey! I posted my cover in my graphics book! @username1 @username2 @username3 GuildofGraphics."

EXAMPLE MADE BY THE FABULOUS Abyss-of-Crazy:

It has a flowery, pink feel that perfectly describes SP's mission for happiness through children! It's soft and joyful and the colors match perfectly to what the company's really about. And she designed the logo that matches the rest of the card. So go her!

 So go her!

DEADLINE: Friday, July 22

Phew! The boring stuff's always so...boring. *exhales* Now for the prizes!

• your graphic book added to our public reading list

• a shoutout on our profile

• a chance to help us judge our next contest!

Well? What are you still doing here? Get out your professional eye and start designing!