Chapter thirty one

Lilly's POV-

"Hey are you alright?"

I heard the question but I wasn't really prepared to answer it. I was focused completely on trying to finish next weeks sugar work. But with everything that happened today I ended up spending more time thinking about my fucked up afternoon at Sam's club than getting any real work done.

"I really dont know Bryan." I sighed in defeat.

"Dose this have anything to do with your mom?" Bryan asked looking at next weeks orders. We were going to be slammed for another week.

"Ya, I cant believe she had the nerve to say that crap about Ryan.   I've never in my life been more ashamed of my mother than I was today. And trust me shes pulled some fucked up crap during my lifetime.  But what's funny is that I can remember a time when she was so loving and then my dad left. And the women that's been left in her place is far from caring and loving. Hell I sometimes feel like she cant stand me Bryan. What did I ever do to have my own mother stop loving me?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"Nothing Lilly,  I dont know what your mother's problem is, but you need to know that whatever is bothering her dose not give her the right to treat you and the people you love like shit. She's your mother she should love you when your right and when your wrong. If she cant manage to do that, and see what a wonderful woman you are that's her lose not your." Bryan said while he held me in a tight hug.

I knew Bryan was right but in the back of my mind I knew I couldn't just drop what happened today.  My mother had hurt me deep. I was so stunned at her outburst today that I didn't even reply to her. I had my boyfriend's young son with me. I wasn't about to stoop to her level in front of Ryan.  But I could put money on the fact that the next time I saw my mother alone we were going to have a nice little sit down. 

"Am I interrupting something?" A deep southern drawl asked.

Bryan was still holding me as I rested my head on his strong chest seeking the I brotherly comfort I needed. But tob the outside world looking in we looked to be having a moment of passion.  When in reality we were just friends for life.

"Nope, she's got parts that just dont do it for me." Bryan answered pulling away from me.

And just like that my dark mood was brightened slightly.

"Good because I was starting to think you were trying to steal my women." Gabe said pulling me into his warm embrace.

"No our girl here just needed a little pep talk." Bryan assured as he grabbed his messenger bag and head for the kitchens back door.

"Thanks man for fixing the walk-in." Bryan said befor waving goodnight.

"Night Bryan!" I yelled stepping out of Gabe's hold.

"Are you okay sugar?" Gabe asked looking worried.

"Not really, but I dont want to talk about it right now." I knew I was shutting Gabe out but I just couldn't deal with having to talk about my crazy ass mother again. 

"I'll give you the space you need, but only if you agree to stay the night at my place. I just cant stand the thought of leaving you alone tonight." Gabe answered looking serious.

"If you insist Cowboy." I answered kissing his sweet lips.

A few hours later...

After going home to grab a change  of clothes and letting baby Joey out. I was feed a delicious home cooked meal, that helped to keep some of my blues away.

But even now as I lay on top of Gabe's strong chest I couldn't help feeling somewhat lost. I had the man of my dreams who had the world sweets son. And I couldn't even think about how great are sex life was. Yet I couldn't forget my my mothers haunting words. 'He's just like your father and he'll leave you to someday.' Was she right? was Gabe going to just abandon me one day. Should I just cut my losses now before we could hurt each other.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong or are you just going to stay up all night?" Gabe asked breaking the silence that filled the bark bedroom.

I knew I owed him an explanation. I just wasn't sure where to begin.

"My mother confronted me today when I went to get dry ice with Bryan and Ryan. I haven't seen her since Gabbys baby shower blow up. And I knew are first meeting wasn't going to be pretty, but hell this was beyond anything I was expecting." I said breathing out heavily.

"Do I want to know what your momma said to make you this upset?" Gabe asked rubbing my back with his work roughed hands.

"Well at the baby shower she said that you would leave me barefoot and pregnant just like my father. But today she called Ryan a bastered. And know I'm beyond sorry for my mother's behavior.  She had no right to say that about Ryan. And I made a point to speak to Ryan after the incident to make sure he was okay. Thank the lord he said he didnt even know what had happened. I'm so sorry Gabe." I had pulled away from my spot atop Gabe's chest, I wanted to be able to look him in the eye if he was going to dump me after realizing how fucked up my family was.

"I already know what happened today. I could tell by the look when you got back to the bakery that something was wrong. So I asked Bryan what happened, and he told me that your mom confronted you today. And trust me I'm not happy with your momma's comment about Ryan, but like you said he didnt even notice. What's got me worried is how your dealing with your momma's words." Gabe answered starring into my tear filled eyes.

"I'm hurt, she's my mother Gabe. She's suppose to love me on my best day and worst, but I've always felt like she hates me. And no child should feel like their mother hates them." By the time I had finished tears were falling freely from my eyes.

"Come here Lilly." Gabe said as he pulled me back atop his chest.

"Your dosnt hate you, hell even if she did you've got to know that you have done nothing to deserve her hurtful words and actions. From what you've told me about your family history there are some deep issues that need resolving. But until your momma says she's ready to change that women well always be the same. So dont even think for a second that you need to change or that I'm going to leave you. I love you more than I've ever loved another women. It'll take more than your crazy momma and a bad day to drive me away sugar."

And with those words every doubt and miss guided thought I had about Gabe's intentions for me slipped from my mind.

"I love you too Gabe." They were the only words that I could say in that moment. And like that I let my body have what it craved. "Make love to me Cowboy."

"With pleasure sugar."

P.S

Im sorry for the delay in updates but my computer crashed and my internship has been kicking my ass. So I hope you all love this chapter, feel free to leave comments and make sure to vote!!

With love,

Chellebelly1331 XOXOX