𝟛. 𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

Start from the beginning

Evan did a vertical swing up. I saw my chance and smirked, some of my bangs (or if you don't, pretend you have a headband on) covered my eyes so he couldn't read my expression. I swung my axe as hard as I could and flung both my weapon and his across the mat, leaving both of us vulnerable. I then lunged straight at him, tackling him to the floor and pinning him down almost instantly. He struggled to try and get off me, but with a knife to his neck instantly made his movements halt. The instructor declared me the winner, and I stood up with a proud smirk on my face.

"Well, peasant, it seems I've won. Have fun with your last few hours of freedom." I smiled eager to see the look on his face. It was priceless. It was a mixture of shock, confusion, and even disbelief. He scrambled up and growled at me, and picked up his mace. "This isn't over."

I then squirmed a little. "Oh no, is the big bad angwy pewson mad at wittle me?" I continued to antagonize him. He clenched his jaw and stormed off, leaving me there with pride. I heard a pair of hands clapping behind me, which made me turn around to see the strong boy from 2. "That was very impressive. You seem to know what you're doing with that axe." He complimented. I grinned.

"Heh, thank you." He extended his hand for me to shake. "Cato, District 2." So that's his name. What a very interesting name. I shook it back, ignoring the warm feeling of his hand holding mine. "(Y/N). District 7." He smirked. "Pretty name for a pretty girl."

Ok mister, your attractive and all but like, don't make me attracted to you. Pretty sure you got that little girl from 1 already drooling over you. My personality changed quickly to hide my blush. "Oh, thank you. Who are the others?"

They introduced themselves one by one, the other District 2 tribute was Clove, and the male for 1 was Marvel, and McBlondie was named Glimmer. Why is that McBlondie's name, I like McBlondie better.

"We think you are an excellent part of our alliance we have. Care to join us?" Cato offered to me, giving me a little smirk/smile. I pondered about it, realizing I had no one to really alliance with. "I'll consider it. Maybe not directly alliance, but a 'if we cross paths with each other we're cool.' Could that work too? That way we track more ground." I carefully chose my words, hoping I didn't offend them. Clove nodded. "That's an excellent idea. You should hang out with us a bit more for the training." I smiled and finished talking with them, and then needed to head to my floor. Waving them a goodbye, I stepped into the elevator.

When we had supper, Johanna wanted a talk with us.

"Evan told me that you were talking with the Careers. Was that true?" She asked me. I nodded. "And what did you say?"

"I just told them I would join their alliance but not stay with them. And they were ok with that." I acted like it was nothing. Just continued eating. Johanna had a smirk on her face. "Well, have fun. I won't judge."

Evan looked pissed. I'm probably thinking he was trying to get me in trouble. For what, beating him in a sparring match? It was just practice, you don't need to think of it as the end of the world. Seriously the things people think...

The next day, I obviously took the time to train with the careers. I really liked how Cato taught me how to wield a sword, which is suuuuper useful incase the arena decides to not give me axes. However, I noticed he was being really close to me, following me around a lot. Maybe even stealing glances at me. Which I caught. Lunch was nice, I got to learn more about the other's personalities, which made me like them even more.

Le Time skip again, this is when the private sessions are in session (I'm sorry)

I waltzed into the room. I waited for the game makers approval, in which I waited for 5 minutes till they noticed. The audacity of some people...!

I picked up an axe and activated the dummies to move in many directions. My feet gracefully moved throughout the training centre as I slashed, chopped, and beheaded the moving dummies, almost as if I was doing some sort of battle dance. Rolling over to the side, I had grabbed a dozen knives and threw multiple of them into the dummies' hearts. And for the finale, a spin, and a careful throw, and sunk the axe's blade into the dummy. Bulls-eye. The game makers looked very impressed, and also shocked, some were staring at the wall behind them. I noticed a knife ended up stuck an apple there. I bowed and walked off, hands behind my head.

By the time I got back, everyone had just finished talking to Evan about what he did. Apparently he was using his mace to try and win the game maker's favour. I plopped down on a couch with a proud smile and decided on waiting for my score. I had told the others I just did a little stunt with an axe, and that was entirely it.

Evan got an 8.
I had received an 11. No way.

It was as if my luck had suddenly turned out to be amazing. And since I was in an alliance with the Careers, I'm probably gonna be the most feared tribute. Heh, they should! Who would dare say otherwise?! Oh- my ego personality just came up. Whoops.

The next day, I had to try and practice having an interview with Caesar Flickerman, or Johanna at this case. I sat down on one of the couches waiting for the questions to be asked. My main goal is to be sassy, funny, and have a little bit of ego.
Johanna started. "So how are you?"
"I'm doing fantastic, and you?"
"Very good. So glad to meet you, miss (Y/N)." (This was very weird for her to say, I almost laughed)
"I mean, who wouldn't?" I joked a little.
"Very funny, now, moving on, how do you plan on being in the arena?"
"Well I can easily kill someone, especially if I'm given an axe. Once that's in my hands I'll have no problem going home. They're all dead to me."

Soon I got ready for the actual interview. My head stylist gave me less makeup to work with and gave me a vibrant green dress to work with. My (h/c) hair was down and curled (if short, then just leave it be).

I watched some of the interviews. Glimmer in a very revealing outfit; and I'm sure if she wins the games the Capitol men will be buying her like crazy. I saw Cato in a suit, with his hair definitely gelled to spike up even more. He definitely looked attractive—wait stop, stop. No. No no, we are not allowed to have feelings for a Career. No.
Stupid, you know you're gonna fall for him anyway, just admit he's good looking for god's sake.

Soon it was my turn, and I walked very elegantly onto the stage and greeted Caesar. I will admit, out of all the interviews I've seen him in, he definitely looks better with a blue aesthetic.
"So, that was a very brave act, volunteering for your sister." He grinned. Caesar was a good guy, although we were going to be sentenced to death, he tried to make us feel as comfortable as possible. And that made me feel more relaxed.
"I just... didn't need her to go through the games at a young age."
He smiled. "Now about that training score, can we hear a little details as to what happened?" He wiggled his eyebrows as if begging for the secret to be revealed. I sent a coy smile to the game makers.

"As much as I'd love to, I'm afraid the game makers might get a little upset if I revealed what happened. And plus, let's leave the suspense to the arena, shall we?" I smirked. The audience did a little cheer. That's perfect, I'm getting them to like me. Some of the game makers nodded a bit too quickly. "In fact, I think they're a little nervous to have me reveal such a huge performance." I teased. This made the Capitol laugh.
After a few more questions, I was finished and the audience seemed to gain a liking to me. Perhaps this means sponsors!!

Another time skip

It's been 3 hours. And I still can't sleep. So, I decided it would be best to just head to the roof just to stare into nothing, to cherish my last few moments of staying sane.
Soon, the elevator doors opened, and I was shocked to see the person standing there just as much as he was, but wait...who was it?

It was none other than Cato.

(Hi im dead inside)