John's File

Avery flicked through John’s file.
Mycroft – being the meticulous and ordered person he was – had files on everyone who interested him. She was sure he had a whole section dedicated to Sherlock and her.
They had gone back to his office, and she was sitting across his desk. The file was very large- larger than she had expected.
“This is a very big file,” she commented.
“He’s a very…interesting man.”
“Really? Interesting how?”
“Interesting in the way he’s captured out brother’s attention.” Mycroft frowned. “I decided it would be beneficial to have as much information on him as possible.”
She pulled out a first grade report card. “Yes. Beneficial.” She said sarcastically.
He didn’t respond.
She tutted. “Not a very distinguished career, though. Not law breaking or anything. Sort of normal family. Why does he interest Sherlock so much?”
“As I said, your guess is as good as mine.”
“Well, he’s nice.” She shrugged. “I don’t know. Loyalty is something rare nowadays. Anyway, Sherlock’s always been difficult.”
Mycroft looked at her. “Coming from you?”
She chuckled. “True. I guess John’s better than my friends, right?”
“Precisely.”
She chuckled, and placed the file back. “It was nice seeing you, Mycroft.”
He smiled slightly. “Good bye.”