"W-we ..." Gina held her head down. Why had she been so stupid as to play that song in the car with (f/n) right there? She hadn't been thinking since her mind had been too distracted by getting to the funeral. If only she could travel back in time. Then, there would only be the uncomfortable silence in the car. Breathing in deeply and exhaling, Gina sat up straighter and gripped the wheel as she was ready to start the car again.

"Several times ..." Gina placed her hand on the key and tried not to think about (f/n)'s next reaction. "... We had slept together." The atmosphere in the car grew to a dense pool of dread, hate and heartbreak.

(F/n) slumped over some in her chair. "Had his parents known?" she questioned quietly.

"Y-Yes."

"And, they had decided to let you pick me up." (F/n) released a bitter chuckle. Her hands covered her face, and she laughed some more. "They favor you." Her lips twitched up into a broken smile. Gina's hands trembled. The nurse wanted to arrive at the funeral as soon as possible to get rid of the younger woman, who really was freaking her out.

Meeting Gina's eyes, (f/n) sucked back her tears, but her eyes looked watery. "They like you more." She choked back a sob. "Right?" (F/n) searched Gina's eyes while the nurse gulped. In her brown orbs, (f/n) spotted the truth, and it ate at her horrendously. "I'm correct." Sorrow dominated her voice.

Before Gina could get another word in, (f/n) faced away from her and unlocked the passenger door. "I never want to see you again." Gina froze. The nurse feared that if she moved she would find herself dead. No words left the nurse either. She simply watched (f/n) open the car door and leave. "Come tomorrow and pick his stuff up." The order was piercing, and Gina shook all the more from it. Her passenger door slammed shut. Hesitantly, the nurse peeked out the back window. (F/n) was walking down the side of the street, keeping well off the road.

Fearing that the younger woman would spin around and bolt right at her, Gina started the car and drove off. She would have some explaining to do once she reached Petal Valley Funeral Home, but she was thankful that she wouldn't have to deal with (f/n) there. As she increased distance between (f/n) and herself, she calmed down and was grateful that she would receive all of Reginald's things. And since the younger woman never wished to view her again, Gina doubted that she actually would have any direct contact with (f/n). A smile painted Gina's lips. The nurse turned on the radio again and sang along. With her passenger side empty, she easily could imagine Reginald sitting there and singing along with her.

Broken, (f/n) desired to collapse on the side of the road and roll down the slight hill to her left. She'd be hidden from the other cars, and she'd be left to her own thoughts. Then again, she didn't know if she could even think straight. Everything seemed utterly ... pointless.

All of that time she had spent visiting Reginald was a giant slap in the face. Had he ever truly cared for her, or had she been simply a toy for him until he was bored with her? If he hadn't been in that accident, would he have ditched her for Gina all those months ago? Even all of her tears and mourning had gone to waste. That energy had been spent on ... nothing.

Now, she had new tears. They felt all the more painful. Her heart ached for her to run to the funeral and ask Reginald's parents. Part of her wanted to receive confirmation, but the other part of her knew that Gina hadn't been lying. Staring forward blankly, she wondered if she should even head home. She had shared that place with Reginald, and she now had to pack up his things. Those facts tortuously plagued her. In her own thoughts, though, she didn't note a certain car driving past. The woman didn't hear either that same car stopping and turning around. (F/n) didn't spot that car making a u-turn and heading straight for her, and she only noticed it when it stopped right next to her.

Puzzled, she gazed over to it lifelessly. Her eyes squinted at the black 1965 Ford Mustang. They widened a bit in familiarity. The driver stepped out of the car, and her ears listened to the rushed footsteps of the individual. Before she could utter his name, she felt hands rest concernedly on her upper arms. "(F/n), are you alright?" Edmund glanced around before he looked back to her. "Why are you out here?"

His thumbs moved up to her cheeks and wiped tears from them. "Why are you out here?" She threw the question back at him, and it came out snappish even though that hadn't been her intent. He stood up a little straighter, but he didn't appear hurt. Instead, he continued to be worried.

"I had been on my way to a meeting." He removed his hands from her. "Now, your turn." She was about to mention how he should keep going then, but she held her tongue. Right now, she really did need the help. (F/n) didn't know how long she had been walking for, but her feet hurt, and she was going to rip off her heels soon.

Not meeting his eyes, she bit on her lower lip and ruined her lipstick some. She tried to think of some explanation to give him, but her mind seemed to shut down. Her legs felt wobbly, and she wished to cry more. "(F/n)?" The woman didn't know what had come over her, but she closed the distance between them.

Without a word, she wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his chest. Her tears and lipstick stained his shirt, but its black hue managed to hide the marks somewhat. A soft sigh hit her ears, but she didn't peer up at him. He probably was annoyed at her, but she didn't move. (F/n) was grateful, though, when he secured his arms around her in a soft embrace. What she didn't sight, however, was that Edmund was smirking. Edmund hadn't expected such a hug from her that day so soon, but he loved it nonetheless. That didn't extinguish his growing anger, however.