4th part

Yoongi sighed when he looked at the door to class 1B. He knew he was late and that he would get in trouble, but maybe some skillful acting and a good pair of puppy eyes could fix that. He hoped it would, because it was the only strategy he had.

Slowly he brought a clenched fist to the door, the silent hallway filling with a soft knocking sound. There was a short silence before a tender voice spoke from the other side of the door.  "Come in." It sounded, and so Yoongi opened the door, feeling his stomach twist with nervousness as he plastered a fake smile to his lips.

"Hello." He forced out, they were all looking at him, all his fellow students and classmates for the next seven years. Some eyed him in curiosity others in confusion. "Kim Yoongi I presume?" The teacher asked, moving her glasses further up on her nose. "It's too bad that you are late, you missed the introductions. But maybe you would like to say a few things so that the class will get to know you better?" It was a question, but for Yoongi it didn't sound like she would take no for an answer. She had a demanding undertone as she spoke, and it made the boy want to get away from her as soon as possible, but of course, that wasn't an option. Instead he looked out to the classroom, seeing all the boys and girls his age whispering and laughing to each other. The obvious topic of their conversation being the late comer. One last lip bite was preformed before the boy spoke up. "I am Kim Yoongi, 6 years old. My favorite color is black and I like to play with my younger brothers." He said, looking over at the teacher and hoping there was nothing more she demanded from him. She looked back at him and nodded for him to sit down at the free seat in the back of class.

__

"So Yoongi. Why exactly were you late on your first day?" The teacher had called him to her desk after class, and had started asking him questions. "My daddy overslept, that's why." Yoongi answer lightly, looking back at the teacher with just as much suspicion in his eyes as she had in hers. "Oh really?" She questioned, not sounding convinced even if the boy was telling the truth. The teacher eyed him once more, a deep sigh leaving her lips before she spoke up again. "Well, I guess you are free to go then, but make sure that there won't be any repeats of today." Yoongi nodded at her and gave her a fake smile before he headed out. He didn't like this teacher, she was just like all the other adults. Never believing him because he was a child, someone that usually always came up with creative ideas and excuses. Not even this one, which first of all wasn't any creative at all, and second sounded quite believable, at least to Yoongi. But maybe that was because he was a child, or it may be because he had seen it happen, experienced it, and knew that it was the truth. 

School wasn't as fun as he had expected. It seemed like such a big deal in daycare. Everyone was so excited to step inside the gates, and become one of the many students walking around with backpacks full of books, learning new things everyday and getting new friends. But now that Yoongi was experiencing it, he definitely couldn't say that all the excitement had been worth it. He was sitting at his desk at the back of the classroom staring out the window rather than trying to follow what the teacher was talking about. "Kim Yoongi!" A voice suddenly yelled, and when the said boy finally averted his eyes towards the class, he once again found himself unwillingly being the center of attention. "Why aren't you listening. I know it's the first day, but you have to get used to listening to what the teacher says, or it will be harder later on." The teacher sighed at him. Yoongi didn't know why he wasn't listening, there wasn't a particular reason, he just didn't feel like it.

"Okay class, time for lunch." The teacher smiled at the rest the students, ignoring the black haired boy in the back. Soon the classroom was filled by the sounds of chairs moving and lunch boxes clattering open. Yoongi ate alone, the others were already sorted in groups, groups he didn't feel like interrupting. And even if he did, would it really make a difference?

Actually he wasn't completely alone, the teacher had opened the window earlier, so the small boy who was sitting next to it, was grateful as he was now accompanied by a small breeze blowing through his hair. It might not be much, but it reminded him of home. A place where his father would opened the window to air out the small apartment. Always saying that 'seven people spent the air to quickly'. Yoongi didn't know what his father meant by that, but it still comforted him.

Yoongi sighed at the thought of going home. It was tempting, but it wasn't an option, at least not if he wanted to make his father and brothers proud. There were few things he wanted more. After a while Yoongi did the same as the other children and found his lunch box. He opened the black lid revealing a sandwich and an apple. He smiled as he eyed the green apple, all his brothers liked red apples the most, all except him. He felt better knowing that even on such a busy day as this one, his father still hadn't messed up, and was able to place the correct colored apple in the correct box. "Thank you daddy." He muttered quietly under his breath, being grateful because the apple too, helped him get some comfort.

__

If there was one thing Yoongi had leaned from his first day at school, it was that it made him miss home so much more.