1.4

I took a sip of my coffee as I drove, going slightly above the speed limit because I was already running late. I told Mia I would be there at 9:30, but it was 9:45 now.

The line for coffee took forever, so it wasn't necessarily my fault. I got us both coffee so I'm sure she wouldn't really mind.

It was a Wednesday morning, but there was no school today because of a teacher workshop. Mia and I were going to get our nails done and hangout because we hadn't really gotten any good one on one time lately.

When I pulled into her driveway there was an extra car there, but I just shrugged it off. Maybe her dad bought a new one?

With both coffees in hand, I let myself into her home. The door creaked open but I was met with silence, so she was probably upstairs in her room. Walking further into the house, her shirt sat on the kitchen counter. And then I saw.

Ethan was shirtless, standing in her living room with his back to me and pulling his jeans up. Mia was on the couch half naked next to him. I dropped the coffees I was holding.

"What the fuck?"

His head whipped around to face me as the cups collided with Mia's hardwood floor, ice and coffee spilling everywhere.

"Heaven!" Mia screeched, getting up from the couch. "Why the fuck would you spill iced coffee all over my floor?!" My eyebrows furrowed, mouth dropping open. Why would I spill coffee? Not, I don't know, an explanation?

"You slept with Ethan?" I asked calmly, watching the boy get dressed as she moved to clean the coffee up with a towel. His face was blank, as if he didn't care at all.

"Well it's not Grayson standing here." She said slowly. "Although Grayson is the bigger twin. Maybe next time,"

"What?" Ethan's voice cracked as he looked to Mia. She just giggled.

"I'll deal with you later." I spoke to Ethan, seeing him roll his eyes and make his way for the door, slamming it shut behind him. "What the hell, Mia?!"

"Oh my god, Heaven. It's not like you guys were dating or anything." She sighed, looking around for her shirt. "I don't see what the big deal is. You know not to trust him, once and for all."

"I know not to trust you!" I scoffed, throwing her shirt at her face.

My heartbeat was louder than my thoughts, the feeling of anger and betrayal driving my actions; I spit at her.

"You can't trust me?! You went after the guy I liked, Heaven! You deserve to feel like shit!" She has to be joking right now. Mia hasn't ever once mentioned liking Ethan to me.

"You barely knew him, Mia! You thought he was hot, you didn't have a fucking crush on him! And it's not like you ever told this to me, how was I even supposed to know?" I threw my hands up in frustration. I can't fucking believe this. "You're delusional! You knew how I felt about him, why would you do something like this?"

"My only regret is that you didn't walk in on it happening." She narrowed her eyes, arms crossed over her chest as she stared me down.

Feeling light headed and dizzy, and a strange pain in my chest, I backed away. My veins froze in a tsunami of anger and hurt that made my legs turn to water. Without another word, I stumbled out the door.

My head was pounding from the brief interaction as I sped down the roads. Driving angry probably wasn't safe, but I had to give Ethan a piece of my mind.