0.3

Things were quiet for a few days. Too quiet.

Ethan hadn't retaliated, or even said a word to me nor my friends. The most I'd get would be a glare in class or the hall. It left me feeling anxious if I'm being honest- even though I told him I wasn't scared.

I knew he was pissed, and I knew he was planning something. He told me I'd pay, and I believed him despite how I reacted when he said it.

Sighing, I looked through my clothes to find an outfit for school. It snowed last night, so I knew it was cold. I settled on a ripped pair of blue jeans, with some large hole fishnets underneath. I then tucked a tight white v-neck into the jeans and threw my yellow leather jacket over top. Our school had a dress code, but surprisingly were pretty lenient as long as your outfit wasn't ridiculous.

My friends were standing out front of the school waiting for me when I arrived, greeting me with smiles. Our cheeks were red from the cold so we hurried to get inside.

I wished we hadn't, because my stomach sunk as soon as I got in.

Some people, mostly just teachers and janitors, were trying to clean it up, but they were everywhere. There must've been hundreds. Hundreds of pictures of me, naked, plastered all over the walls. My mouth fell to the floor as soon as I saw them.

Sure, everyone had seen it already, but this just felt different. This felt so much worse. Ethan was grinning from ear to ear, leaning up against my locker, waiting for me. Him and his dumb friends must've done this this morning just before everyone arrived. I heard Eve trying to say something to me, but it went in one ear and out the other as Mia and Noah began ripping pictures down.

My face fell, I didn't even go to my locker- I just went straight toward the bathroom.

The girls that were in there gave me looks, laughing slightly at me as they left. I paced back and forth, but I wasn't going to cry. I needed a moment. Or a year. But I knew I only had a few minutes.

"Heaven Jones to the principals office, Heaven Jones to the principals office." Of fucking course. A minute of peace to calm down was just too much. Taking a deep breath, I left the bathroom. Ethan was sitting directly outside, waiting- so I shoved through him and kept my head down. I could still feel eyes on me.

The lady at the front desk smiled sadly at me as I entered, taking a seat. I let my head rest on my hand as I waited for the principal to tell me to come in.

It only took a second before he ushered me into his office. As I sat down, he slid a folded piece of paper across the desk. I didn't have to look to know what it was, I already felt sick.

"Heaven..." the man sighed, shaking his head. "This is completely inappropriate. I let the locker and the fight slip through the cracks but this... this is too much." I scoffed at him, anger bubbling up inside me.

"None of those were my fault!"

"I know, I know, but I can't be having a student- a minor- in nude photos all over the school. We need to do something about this."

"I'm 18, I'm not a minor." I mumble, as if it matters. "The damage has been done. I don't know what there is to do, Mr. Morris. This isn't something that I asked for." It felt as if he was blaming me for the situation, which just made everything worse.

"The pictures will all be cleaned up by the end of first period. Do you have any idea who might've done this?"

"Ethan Dolan." I say without missing a beat. I'm not holding back this time. "He's done all of it. I'm positive." Principal Morris furrowed his eyebrows.