Comment 1: @ChloeOfGallifrey

"So where are we?" I asked as the TARDIS landed.

"Why don't you take a look. I don't want to ruin the surprise!" The Doctor replied, indicating that I open the doors. I did, and as soon as I saw the outside world, I was speechless.

"Chloe," The Doctor said, "welcome to Compiègne, France."

The year we had landed in was 1430, and according to the TARDIS coordinates, it was late May.

"What's so important that happened today?" I asked the Doctor as we walked and looked around.

"Look over there," she replied, pointing to what looked like a group of people. "That's part of the French Army. Joan of Arc is with them."

"Joan of Arc?!" My eyes lit up. "Doctor, we should go talk to her!"

The Doctor looked at me slightly uneasy. "Chloe, you should be careful. It's May 23rd. The day she gets captured."

"Well, can't we warn her?"

The Doctor shook her head. "If we did, that might interfere with the event, affecting the future and what you know about her."

I looked down, biting my lip. "Well, can we at least wish her luck?"

We'd reluctantly made our way over to the group. I looked around until I saw a familiar figure. It was Joan of Arc, in the flesh. "That's her!" I whispered to the Doctor.

"Yeah. You know what to say to her right?"

I nodded.

"Just to make sure, do not tell her about what happens."

I nodded again and walked over.

"Excuse me?"

"...Yes?" Joan has turned around and looked at me.

"I just wanted to wish you luck...with whatever you're going to do..."

Joan raised an eyebrow. "How did you know we were here?"

"A friend and I were just passing by and we saw this camp and figured we'd see what was going on. And I've heard stories about you and-"

"What's your name?" Joan asked me.

"Chloe"

"And what are you really doing here?"

I paused. "I just wanted to let you know that you're an inspiration and that today is going to make history."

"Thank you," Joan said, smiling slightly. "I also have confidence that this will go down in history and thank you again for the words of encouragement."

"You're welcome" I managed to reply,"It was great meeting you."

I had to push myself to head back after saying a goodbye to Joan of Arc. The Doctor had been talking to other soldiers there, but she said she was also keeping an eye on me.

"I do not think I affected history too much!" I said, as we headed back to the TARDIS. "I heard part of the conversation," the Doctor replied, smiling. "It probably made Joan feel confident that someone believed in her as much as you told her you did. Especially before this Siege."

"Yeah..." I thought about that. About how the siege would go wrong and how Joan would be captured and executed at such a young age.

"She was only nineteen...I forgot about that. It wasn't right what happened to her."

"I agree," the Doctor said. "Sometimes it's going to be like that, though, but she fought and she didn't back down. And...sometimes it takes a long time before people realize the unfairness of it all."

I paused thinking about that.

"Without the capture and the trial, there'd be a different history, right?"

The Doctor nodded. "Right." There was a pause before she asked if I was ready to go back.

"Yeah. I think I need some time to reflect on this. Thanks for bringing me here, Doctor."

"You're welcome," she smiled. "I think you really did make some sort of impact today."