Rebel

When the dawn came, there were less and less bombing outside. Caroline's father received the news that the enemy was only 'testing' their artillery shells in the previous night. To keep them safe, they had to move south. The military officer told them this chaos would be solved in a month or two. It seemed to get on Caroline's nerves.

"I'm not going anywhere, father"

"You have to!"

"I won't go anywhere until John comes back!" Caroline shouted back,

"For God's sake, I don't want to lose you, Caroline! Not you, not your mother" everyone went silent. Her father went forward to hold her hand. "I really want to see you get married with John. Because of that you really need to keep yourself safe. We are not going so far away. Just a few hours down from here" Caroline nodded. Meanwhile, someone knocked. Geraldine answered the door.

"Good morning. Is this Lady Caroline's home?" A soldier said.

"Yes. May I help you?" Geraldine said.

"I have a message from Sir John I need to deliver it to Lady Caroline" Caroline went forward.

"What did he say?" Caroline said.

"Sir John would like to see Milady at Scarborough Fair at sunset."

She knew she had to leave her hometown for a short period of time. Someone reported that the enemy would leave in a month or so as Scarborough was not the place they wanted. Caroline decided to leave for a while. But before that, she had to see John for the last time.

She arrived at Scarborough Fair holding her handkerchief. The fair was never that quiet. It was so quiet that she could hear a fly. Footsteps appeared behind her. She turned around. Everywhere was so empty but the familiar face in front of her made gave her a sense of secure. She ran towards her lover giving him a really tight hug.

"I don't have much time" John looked at his fiancée stroking her cheek and gave her a passionate goodbye kiss. Neither of them wanted to let go each other until someone called.

"Lady Caroline! Lady Caroline!" Caroline looked back.

"I have to go! I have to go!" she gave him the handkerchief just to hope he would remember her every day. John pulled her back when she was about to leave. The knight gave his pendant, which he got it when he joined the Order of the Knights, to his only love.

"Milady, we must leave now" Geraldine ran in. There was nothing they could do but left.

John looked at Caroline until he could not see her anymore. He looked at the handkerchief instead. Something was different on the handkerchief.

I will come back shortly. Wait for me tonight at 10. Please do wait.

Caroline

When he realised how serious the situation was, she was already gone. He just wanted to tell her to go and not to come back in a while. It seemed too late now.

Caroline and Geraldine were in the same carriage sitting quietly. They were unlikely to stay quiet like that. Who wasn't worried about their lives? Who wasn't scared of wars, especially when the loved one was in the battlefield?

"Can we just take a break? Lady Caroline doesn't feel well." Geraldine shouted. The horse keeper stopped. Other horse keepers stopped as well.

"Caroline? Are you alright?" Caroline's mother said.

"I'm fine. Just a bit dizzy. I will feel better just please stop for a moment." Caroline said leaning down. Her mother left her to rest for a bit.

"Hey! What are you doing?" one of the horse keepers said. Geraldine cut off the string that connected the horse and the carriage.

"Milady! Hop on!" Caroline moved quickly to hop on the horse. Everything happened so quickly. No one ever expected Caroline pretended to feel unwell and went back to find John.

"Geraldine! Stop it this instant!" The Lady's father shouted.

"Sorry Sir! I'll take care of Milady!" Geraldine yelled back while riding the horse. "Milady, hold on tight!" The horse ran away and the 'twins' didn't even look back. "Don't worry! We will get there on time!" Geraldine said with a proud smile.

3 hours ago

"Please! I don't want to leave! I can't bear with it again. I lost him for 20 years. I would rather die with him if I can't escape from the war." Caroline begged.

"I can't do it, Milady. I'm sorry" Geraldine replied softly.

"Please help me once! This will probably the last time you will help me!" Caroline even kneeled down and begged her most trustable friend.

"Milady..." Geraldine helped her stood up. "I help you. I won't leave you alone. Remember we are sisters"

 Remember we are sisters"