Chapter Two.

My worst enemy is my memory

**************************************************************************************

Los Angeles was beautiful. Sunny, lots of people hanging out on the street and stores all over the place!!!! That was without a doubt, my dream city in the world! I mean, my dream city is New York but unfortunately, I didn’t get a spot at AMDA there…

I was walking around the streets when I spotted a X Factor sign…

Flashback

“Carrie, I’d love if you came with me. At least you support me! It’s important!” – Louis pleaded.

“Why isn’t Hannah going with you? Isn’t she your girlfriend?!”

“Oh you don’t know?”

“Know what?”

“We broke up a few weeks ago.” – He lowered his head.

“Oh. Fine, I’ll go.” – I gave up.

“YAY THANK YOU!!” – He threw himself onto my arms. – “Oh Car, you know I love you very much don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do.” – Except that you’re not saying it with the meaning I want you to. – “At what time is the audition?”

“Well, if we left now it would be cool…”

Wow, there were so many people there!!! Louis’ turn was coming closer and closer and he held my hand so tight I thought it would break at any second…

“Ok this is it… Wish me luck!”

“Good luck, Lou!” – I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

After a few looooong minutes, Louis runs out of the stage and hugs me tight.

“I knew you could do it!! Congratulations!”

And that was it. Louis was officially on the X Factor. He worked so hard for the weeks that followed and every time I could, I helped him. He said I had a talent. That I knew how to distinguish notes and who sang well and who didn’t.

At some point, One Direction were born. He was so happy! He introduced me to his new band mates: Harry, Niall, Liam and Zayn. They were nice.

As the competition flew by, I saw Louis less and less than usual. And I loved him even more.  Plus, he was treating me better than before, I have no idea why.

Flashback

“Carrie?” – I stopped in my tracks. – “Carrie Schmidt?! No way!” – I stared at the brunette girl smiling at me.

“Mary?! Oh my god, it’s been so long! I missed you!!!” – We hugged.

Mary had moved to LA two years before to study Law. She was my best friend back in Doncaster.

“So, what are you doing here?!”

“I was accepted at AMDA…” – I smiled brightly.

“It was about damn time! Finally you realized I was right! I told you that school here was way better. You would even forget all about…” – She closed her mouth. – “Sorry.”

“It’s ok. It’s been… weeks since I last saw him.” – I stared at my feet.

“Hm, I don’t like the sound of that. Come on, you’ll spend the rest of the day with me, we’ll catch up. I think I lost a lot in two years.” – She smiled.