' sporadic '

🐍

   ONCE SAFELY in the elevator, Carmen gained a mischievous grin. Apollo noticed the unusual silence, and something was stirring in it, so when he looked down at Carmen, he almost jumped out of his wits as he looked at her worriedly.

"What?"

"Let's play get help," Even Carmen heard her own father try to stifle a low chuckle through his earpiece.

"What?" Apollo hissed.

"Let's play get help, I mean, we are going to go through a whole quarter of busy bees that might go guns 'a blazing," She shrugged, still grinning.

"We are not playing get help." Apollo deadpanned.

"Why not?" Carmen whined. He gave her a bemused look. "You love it."

"I hate it," He replied with a sneer.

"We're doing get help," Carmen turned her gaze back to the front.

"It's humiliating." Apollo almost whined.

"You got a better plan?" She tested.

"No."

"Then we're doing get help."

"We are not doing get help."

🐍

   "HELP! THIS old man's dying! Help! Help him!" Carmen yelled, with Apollo's arm draped over her shoulder and half-carried his weight, the moment the elevator doors opened.

The people in the quarters were startled as they stumbled out of the metal box of transportation, until Carmen pushed Apollo with all her might into them.

"Of all things you could have called me, old man? Really? I do not look that old, Carmen Grace!"

"You're older than both of us combined, Apollo. My kid just said the truth," Robin mused through their earpieces.

"You're enjoying this way too much, birdbrain," Apollo said in disbelief. "You should be on my side."

"Nah, you're just his bestfriend. I'm his daughter." Carmen stated.

"Sorry man, the little lady's said it right. Gotta side with my baby girl." The duo could even hear Robin's grin, even if it was concealed underneath a mask.

"You aren't going to let me live this down, aren't you?"

"Nope." The father and daughter chorused without a doubt.

When Carmen sees for her own satisfaction that Apollo could handle all singlehandedly, she started running across the room as fast as her sore body would let her, cursing as she reached the stairs and began ascending normally.

"Jesus, this makes me feel like a damn old lady,"

Her father laughs into her ear as she looked up to the ceiling as if to wish for patience, clenching her jaw.

Carmen expected someone in the control room, of course someone would be up there. All that had taken her by surprise was being swept off her feet and her back meeting the wall, all the wind knocked out of her body.