"Hmm? Oh I suppose. That time ring is a special ring that only supreme Kai can use to go into the future because going back in time is strictly forbidden." Beerus explained.

"Oh! Can I please borrow yours so I can get back to my time?" Trunks asked.

"Do you want me to destroy you? I told you only supreme Kai can wear them, since I am not a supreme Kai I do not have one." Beerus glared at the saiyan.

"Trunks I think we can find a different way," Mae started to say when Bulma came rushing out.

"I found it!" She exclaimed as she threw a capsule and another time machine popped out. "A time machine!"

"Woah where did this come from?!" Vegeta asked.

"Why is there a giant hole in the top?" Goku asked climbing on top of the machine.

"You can thank Cell for that." Bulma said. "This is the time machine that Cell stole to come back here. We found it when we were dealing with the androids."

"That doesn't explain how you have it," Mae said floating to look at the moss covered time machine.

"When I left mom asked if she could keep this one," Trunks explained.

"I wanted to do tests on it but when I couldn't figure it out I just left it on a shelf. Once I get it fixed up then we can get you back to the future." Bulma smiled brightly at her son.

"Thanks mom! You are seriously the best!" Trunks hugged his mom, glad to have her help.

"So we've got some time!" Goku said running over to where Whis was sitting. "Whis will you please train me?"

"No I don't think so Goku. All this time travel has me in a bad mood and I don't really feel like enabling you right now." Whis said taking a sip from his drink.

"Aww okay." Goku said deflating. "I wonder who will train with me."

"Why don't you ask Mae or Vegeta," Piccolo piped up. Mae had completely forgotten that he and Krillin were here too.

"Vegeta is in a bad mood so I don't think he will let me. Mae let's go train at King Kai's!" Goku said.

"Yea okay!" Mae grabbed her father's arm and he teleported them to King Kai's.

"What are you two doing here?!" King Kai yelled at the two saiyans.

"We want you to train us!" Goku laughed.

"No! Look at what you did last time you were here!" He gestured to the destruction that they had left before.

"Come on King Kai!" Goku pleaded. "We will be good. Also do you have any food?"

"Seriously dad?" Mae laughed at how ridiculous her father was.

"I can't help it, fighting makes me hungry," Goku said.

"No! Go home and eat your own food!" King Kai yelled. "You saiyans are too much trouble."

"Dad we should probably just leave," Mae giggled.

"Yea I guess, but I'm still hungry." Goku said as he took himself and Mae back to earth.

"I'll go and make us something!" Mae said running inside while Goku went to talk to Trunks.

She went to the kitchen and prepared some instant ramen for her and Goku. As she was about to leave she figured it would be a good idea to make some for Beerus and Whis as well. She carefully placed the cups on a tray and ran back outside. She handed the noodles to their intended people. Beerus and Whis were grateful that she brought them a snack. When they finished eating she took the tray back inside where she ran into Trunks.

"Oh hey Mae. I was just going outside to talk to Piccolo real quick. Do you want to come with me?" He asked.

"Yea sure. Hey Trunks how do you think dad stands up to Black?" She inquired as she walked next to him.

He paused for a moment in thought, "I think Black might be stronger but not by much."

"Well that's good at least. Dad can get even stronger than super saiyan three." She put her arms behind her head as she walked.

"Seriously?! He's reached a level beyond super saiyan three?" Trunks stopped in surprise.

"Yea, Vegeta and I can go that far as well." Mae turned to him. "Look there's Piccolo."

For the first time Trunks smiled with a new hope. He knew that with the three of them they could defeat Black and take back his world. He walked up to Piccolo and said, "hey Piccolo I haven't seen Gohan around. Do you know where he is?"

"Gohan became an academic. He walked away from fighting and he's a far cry from the fighter you knew as a boy. In fact he has a family now too." Piccolo explained.

"Wow so he was able to live out his dream. In my timeline Gohan was my master. In fact he taught me everything after Mae died." He stopped abruptly he had forgotten that Mae was still with him.

"I'm dead in your world?" Mae said cautiously.

"Yea you died saving me and Gohan from the androids. Unfortunately that was the same time Gohan lost his arm. You trained me when I was a kid and then you brought me to Gohan but the androids found you and they killed you. After that Gohan continued to train me but the androids were relentless. When I wanted to fight, Gohan stopped me and went himself and that's when they killed him. Your deaths were what triggered me to go super saiyan." Trunks told them the painful memory.

Mae reached out to him and gave him a hug. She didn't know what to say but she figured that this would be enough of a message for him. Trunks responded by carefully hugging her back. Since she was shorter than him he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. He felt happy to see his old teacher again alive.

"I think I want to go and pay Gohan a visit. Do you know where he's at?" Trunks asked as Mae pulled away from him.

"He should be at his university." Piccolo proceeded to tell him where he could find the saiyan.

"Mae do you want to come with me?" Trunks asked.

"Nah. I think it would mean more to Gohan if you went by yourself." Mae smiled up at him. She knew her brother would be happy to see Trunks.

Trunks waved and took off to meet his friend and master. Mae waved back and walked to where Goku was sitting. She sat down next to him and said, "we have to defeat Black no matter what."