12

"I love you, I love you, I love you," I heard from the living room, smiling as I realized it was David talking to Luke. They were watching Bubble Guppies, that I could tell, but I was getting ready to go over to Trisha's and had no clue what they could be doing. Still, it was more than endearing to hear David's baby voice, and I could only imagine him bouncing Luke up and down on his knee, giggling when he went extra high. They were too adorable.

I put on some jeans and a black and white striped shirt, pairing the outfit with some red leather booties and my black hair straightened. I hadn't looked decent on camera in months, and we were doing some kind of couple versus couple test on Jason's channel, so I wanted to try a little. I put on my basic makeup and decided I had done enough, completely exhausted after my full routine. Luke had been up and fussy all night (which usually wasn't a problem since David stays up so late anyways) and all I wanted to do was take a nap and refresh myself. Sadly, just as I got the idea, I heard David call, "Sloane! Are you ready to go?"

"Just a second!" I half yelled half whined back, messing with my hair a little and applying some deodorant and perfume. I finally decided that was as good as it was going to get, and I could nap in the car on the way there. I grabbed my purse and Luke's diaper bag and made my way out to the car. "Mr. Luke, are you watching Bubble Guppies?"

"Yes!" he clapped and I grinned, leaning over to pick him up off David's knee and place him on my hip.

"Good morning, handsome," I kissed his cheek, then passed the diaper bag to David. "I'm ready."

"Oh, I don't get a good morning, handsome?" he frowned and I rolled my eyes, pushing his approaching face away from me. "Ouch. You wound me, babe."

"David, I'm not really in the mood, and we're going to be late. We were supposed to be at Trisha's at eleven and it's almost twelve."

"Okay, well, you're the one that took forever to get ready," he sassed me, a smirk presently on his face (as always).

"You're the one who woke me up at eleven and told me we had to leave at eleven."

"You were up until four," he defended himself. "I wanted to let you sleep."

"You're sweet," I slightly smiled, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "I love you. But let's go."

Jason and Trisha's was pretty easy. We did stupid things such as egg toss (we won), a compatibility test (we also won), and a Harry Potter house quiz (David and I were both Hufflepuff... so we won). We won the entire thing and our prize was Luke. It didn't take much effort. I slept on Trisha's big, fluffy couch for a while while David and Jason recorded a podcast and filmed some other bits with Luke and Trisha, and we went home a few hours later.

Waking up about a month before the wedding to a cold, empty bed was not what I expected, to say the least. I wasn't a heavy sleeper by any means, and the only reason David could've gotten out of our bedroom quietly enough is if he was trying his hardest not to wake me up, which he never did. Something was happening.

I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up and rolled over to see if he left any clues as to where he was, maybe a note or his phone or something. The black side table was empty, save for his lamp, but a small packet of papers was resting on the pillow on his side of the bed, a yellow sticky note on top.

I had a few meetings super early this morning! Can you please sign these and send them?? The address is on the envelope!! Love, David

I was confused at first, crumpling the sticky note and tossing it onto the floor to see what exactly was underneath it. The front page of the packet had a lot of legal words that I didn't comprehend, and one that I did. Prenuptial.

That fucking asshole.

To be clear, it wasn't the prenup that bothered me. I would gladly sign it on my own terms, and I probably would have in the coming weeks when one of the lawyers told us we hadn't done it yet. If I was in it for the money with David, I wouldn't have married him. I already had enough with Luke to be set for life, even if David and I weren't on speaking terms. Money had nothing to do with it, at this point or ever in our relationship. The fact that he was so insecure in our relationship that he thought he had to leave it on the bed instead of just talking to me about it is what really ticked me off.

I was upset and mildly heartbroken. I didn't even read over the papers, instead sliding out of bed and doing some basic things to get ready like brushing my teeth and throwing my hair into a bun. I put on some sweats and a t-shirt and packed a few changes of clothes into a bag, all while crying and wondering what I had ever done to have David not trust me so much that he was scared to ask for a prenup. Maybe my reaction was proving his point, but at least it was genuine. It felt like David couldn't, and wouldn't, be genuine with me.

After getting some of my stuff together, I packed some of the basics for Luke, diapers and clothes and wipes and toys and binkies and... everything you need to keep a baby with you for a week. He was still sleeping, so I let him continue while I returned to my room, looking over the papers one more time and scoffing.

Instead of signing the papers and putting them in the mail, I slipped off my ring and laid it on top of the papers. I went to the kitchen to find a sticky note, and added a note on top.

if this is really what you think of me at this point of our relationship maybe we shouldn't get married. sloane

penetrator chris from skam's voice: DRAAAMAAAAA! (that really is like the sexiest scene ever isnt it retweet if u agree)

anyways i kinda dig this chapter. please vote and comment and follow me if u like!! sorry that these updates are so slow, my heart is currently much more invested in my other book (bridges) and since this is a sequel, its honestly taking a back seat to the other book. thank u for ur patience and i hope u like!!!! xoxoxo abby