A Late Christmas Present

A/N This is going to be a bit short, not exactly reaching the usual 1000 words, sorry about that!

Harry's POV

I fidgeted nervously and clutched the small wrapped box in my hand. I peered at Hermione, who rolled her eyes at me and beckoned for me to come out of my hiding place, which was behind a suit of armor. 

"She's going to be here soon," Hermione hissed. I gulped and took a timid step from where I was hidden from sight. Hermione rolled her eyes again, and I hurried over to where she was.

I stood there, sweating, as she appeared. She strolled around the corner and turned her head to look at us, then smiled and walked over. 

"Hi," she said, smiling. I blushed and waved timidly back. 

"Hi, Y/n! Harry here wants to give you something, don't you, Harry ?" Hermione said, smiling and nudging me with her elbow.

"E-er, y-yeah," I stuttered. The small box nearly slipped from my hand as I spoke. 

"Well, see you later!" Hermione said, giggling and skipping away. I turned to face Y/n, a awkward silence hanging in the air.

"So, um... what did you need me for?" Y/n asked, breaking the silence. 

"Er... I-I wanted to give you this," I said, holding out the box. It was small, about the size of my hand, wrapped in red and green paper, with a silver and gold bow on top. "I-I forgot to give it to you on Christmas, so um... anyways, here," I said, putting the box in Y/n's hand. "Open it,"

Y/n used her slender fingers to carefully unwrap the bow, and opened the box lid. Inside sat a delicate silver necklace, with a pendant that showed the Houses Slytherin on one side and Gryffindor on the other. It was encrusted with emeralds and rubies, and on the back of the pendant was the initials (First initial). (Middle initial). (Last initial). and the words "I love you forever and ever". 

But I didn't point that out to her, and she didn't notice it. She held the delicate pendant in her palm, admiring it. 

"It's beautiful," she breathed, looking up at me. "Thank you,"

I smiled at her, and she reached up behind her neck to fasten the necklace around her neck. 

"Here, let me help you," I said, stepping forward. Y/n turned her back to me and held up her hair as I fastened the necklace around her neck. Then I stepped back, admiring it. The pendant rested right next to the Gryffindor badge that she was wearing today. It was beautiful.

Your POV

I fiddled with the new necklace as I walked down to the Hogwarts entrance with Harry. 

"Are you staying here for Christmas break?" I asked him absentmindedly. 

"Yeah, are you?" Harry replied, looking at me. 

"Yeah," I answered, smirked at the surprised look Harry was giving me, stepped outside, and breathed in the crisp air. Then I grinned mischievously at Harry.

"Snow fight!" I cried, crouching down, grasping a handful of snow, and flinging it at Harry. It hit him straight in the head, leaving him looking dumbfounded. I nearly fell over from laughing as Harry recovered.

He crouched down and grabbed a handful of snow himself. He pitched it at me while I was laughing and caught me by my surprise. The snowball made contact with my head, and I froze as Harry fell over in laughter. 

"Harry James Potter, you are ON!" I yelled, levitating a ton of snow with sheer power. Harry's eyes widened, and that was the last thing I saw before he disappeared under the pile of snow. 

Harry's head popped out of the snow pile first, followed by his flailing arms. 

"Cold!" he yelped. "COLD!" I fell over in laughter as tears of joy sprang to my eyes. 

"Help!" he yelled at me, waving his arms. "Cold!" 

I giggled and stood up and brushed myself off. Then I strode over to Harry. "Do I win?" I asked slyly, smirking. 

"Yes, you win, you win! Now let me out, it's COLD!" he shouted, and I giggled. I waved my wand and the snow disappeared, leaving Harry wet and shivering. He glared at me, and I shrugged. 

I waved my hand and cast a Heating Charm on both of us. Harry relaxed in the warmth as we walked towards the entrance, where Hagrid was heaving trees into the Great Hall.

"Hi, Hagrid, do you need any help?" Harry asked, straining his head to see Hagrid between the pine needles. 

"Nah, I'm fine, Harry."

"Would you mind moving out the way?" a drawl came behind us. Draco came swaggering towards us. "Are you trying to earn some money, Potter?" 

Harry dived at Draco just as Snape came down the stairs. 

"POTTER!" 

"He was provoked, Professor," I said smoothly, as Harry let go of Draco's collar. 

"As that may be, fighting is against the Hogwarts rules, Miss L/n," Snape silkily, smirking, "Five points from Gryffindor, Potter, and be glad it isn't more. Move on along,"

Draco and his gang pushed their way roughly past us, scattering pine needles everywhere, but Draco was careful not to make the needles touch me, I noticed that. Draco gave me a genuine smile and I smiled back.

Then he did something unusual. He tapped his right wrist, right where my bracelet was hidden, and smirked. 

I felt the bracelet tingle with magic, and I stared at him, pieces clicking together. I'd been suspecting ever since I'd received the bracelet, but I had never asked. 

'You were the one who gave me the bracelet?' I flashed at him with my eyes.

He just smirked and strode off with his goons, leaving me and a very concerned Harry.