LoveHate Thing

Chapter 7 : LoveHate Thing

It was midnight when Baekbeom walked passed the blue-white themed room of his brother. Ray of lights could be seen squashing through the slight opened door. He decided to check on Baekhyun, just in case he fell asleep with lights on eventhough Baekbeom knew he rarely did. As soon as he entered, he had to blink eyes few times just to ensure he was seeing correctly. Baekhyun was studying? My brother, Byun Baekhyun? Baekbeom thought he was dreaming that he needed to pinch on his cheek in order for him to distinguish reality from fantasy. Ouch? This is reality. 

"Baekkie.. why are you still up?" Baekbeom moved towards his brother and stood behind him.

"Ah hyung. You startled me. I'm not sleepy yet" Baekhyun informed, giving a slight turn to his brother before continuing on his calculation again.

Baekhyun had his mind straight towards the goal. He must prove to Chanyeol that he was completely wrong about him. What Chanyeol never know, he was a determined person that he must get whatever he wished for. The insulting words from the taller kept on bugging him that he could not get himself to sleep that night. He felt pissed to be underestimated like that, but other than that, he felt hurt. Why would he feel that way?

"But it's late. You know you can continue tomorrow, right?" Baekbeom concerned. He was glad to see his brother that way but still he disapproved if the boy neglected his sleep for studying. As for him, teenage boy like Baekhyun needed enough sleep for 8 hours.

"Just a little bit more. I'll get this done, then only I'll go to sleep. My exams are just around the corner"

"Okay but don't sleep too late. You don't want me to splash you with cold water, early in the morning again" Baekbeom reminded. He had to do that each time Baekhyun refused to wake up and feeling amused himself by the reaction showed by the boy.

"Okay okay.. I get it. Goodnight, hyung" Baekhyun replied, literally shoving his brother away.

"Goodnight baby brother" Baekbeom landed a loving kiss on his head before leaving there to his room positioned just next to Baekhyun's.

Eventually, Baekhyun ended up falling asleep right there, with opened books, scattered stationery, and head pillowed by arm.

~ ~ ~

The next day, as usual during recess time, Chanyeol stayed in the library for some revision, or sometimes just to borrow few books since he was aware that his parent could not afford to buy it. He ate at the cafeteria only once in a while because normally, his mom prepared him breakfast. Chanyeol sat on a table placed at the corner and slid a hand into the deep black bagpack of his. Right then was when he found an unfamiliar wallet in it.

"That's weird.. Who-" He wondered until he recalled the incident happened in the bus few days back. He was totally forgot about it that he had been keeping it for days.