From the future we meet again

Start from the beginning

At lunch time the five of them sat down to enjoy some instant ramen. Beerus was surprised by the new flavor. "I've never had this one before, it's exquisite. What flavor did you say this was?"

"It's miso and butter my lord," Vegeta answered hastily. "Kakarot you should have brought more ramen."

"There wasn't time! Besides I brought this lettuce." Goku laughed continuing to eat his ramen. When no one seemed to want any he said, "Maybe next time I see Zen-Oh I'll give it to him."

Beerus nearly choked on his noodles at Goku's statement. "You will do no such thing!"

"Lord Beerus why are you so afraid of him?" Mae asked trying not to upset the god.

"You really don't know anything. Zen-Oh is the Omni king. There is no one above him if he wanted to he could completely destroy anything from a planet to a universe." Whis explained to them. "He could erase everything we know on a whim."

"Would he really do that?!" Vegeta asked in shock.

"Oh yes, there used to be eighteen universes. Also anything could set him off even the slightest rude statement. That's why everyone was so worried about your behavior, Goku." Whis giggled.

"You really are an idiot, Kakarot!" Vegeta scoffed.

"Now I hope your tiny mortal minds can understand the severity of the situation." Beerus said slurping up more noodles.

"I don't think he would, cause then he wouldn't get to have the tournament he talked about. Thinking about it gets me hella excited. Just think there could be all sorts of people to fight, the possibilities are endless!" Goku said. He always jumps at the opportunity to fight, especially when it's against people who are stronger than him.

"You're too naive and it's making me lose my appetite. At least when Mae was called forward she was respectful." Beerus whined.

Mae blushed slightly, "I just didn't want to offend anyone. Also it was a bit nerve racking to be called forward like that."

"Well I hope your foolish father can take a page from your book." Beerus said. They continued to eat their ramen in silence, trying to enjoy the rest of their meal.

As soon as they finished, Whis' staff started flashing. "Hello, Bulma, I see you are making use of the communicator I gave you. Are you calling to invite us to another delicious feast?"

"No I need to speak with Vegeta!" Bulma said urgently.

"Hey! We didn't give you that so you could call wanting to chit chat with your husband!" Beerus said shouting at Bulma.

"I'm not calling to chit chat this is important now put him on!" Bulma yelled back at Beerus.

"Ugh fine," Beerus waved his hand and Whis passed the staff to Vegeta.

"What is it?" Vegeta asked impatiently.

"It's Trunks, he's come back and he's in bad shape! Look for yourself!" Bulma said turning the communicator so they could see.

"He came back?!" Vegeta said looking at the saiyan, he was unconscious, he must have been in a really bad fight. "Kakarot do you have any senzu beans?"

"No I'm all out," Goku said, "I've been out for awhile."

"Well go and get some!" Vegeta barked.

"I can't, we are too far away from earth. I only was able to get Mae and I here because you were at super saiyan blue." Goku stammered.

"Let's just get to earth then dad can go get more senzu beans," Mae said. She hadn't seen this Trunks since she was a kid. She knew something bad must've happened if he came back from the future.