Chapter 18

Lloyd rushed down the street. He wasn't sure if Morro was following him, or not. He wasn't sure if Kai was ok, or not. He wasn't sure if Morro was going to kill Kai, or not. He was sure though, that he needed to find his friends. Before Morro did.

----

Two days. Lloyd would be at school during the day, but at night, the Green Ninja left Ninjago, in search of his teammates and friends. He didn't sleep, he refused to until he found them. Without them, he was an empty shell, alone, feeling useless, pathetic, and an easy target for bullies. Normally, Nya, Cole, and Kai, would intimate the bullies into leaving Lloyd alone. They wouldn't lay a hand on him when Kai, Cole, and Nya were around. Sure, the bullies picked on him when his friends were there, but they never beat him up.

Lloyd walked through the halls, bruises hidden by his hoodie, paper airplanes flew at his head "If Kai were here, he'd throw it back at them." Lloyd muttered as he walked, the exhaustion from not sleeping was kicking in. He tripped over his own two feet, and landed on his face. He pushed himself up, as if he were doing a push-up, freaking out some teen's walking bye. Why you ask? He did the push-up at a nearly inhuman speed. Some girls stared at him, not sure how to react. Except one girl.

"Hey. Garmadork." A teen with black hair called out as she walked over to Lloyd. He didn't reply. She rolled her eyes "Hello, you are Lloyd Garmadon aren't you?"

"Yeah. But Garmadork isn't my name. Neither is Garmaboy, Garmadweeb, or Garmakid."

"Whatever, I'm.... Molly. Molly... Robins."

"I'm assuming you're new in town?"

"Yeah, no. I've lived here for years." She replied as she messed with the green streak in her hair. "I've uh, been homeschooled though, so you've uh... never met me..."

"Yeah, I noticed, listen, I gotta get to class, so if you could just let me get past you that'd be great." Lloyd said as he tried to step past Molly, she stepped in front of him

"Wanna hang out after school?"

"Uuuh, sorry I'm busy."

"Oh, that's too bad. Some other time then?"

"Uh sure?"

"Great!" With that Molly dashed off

"Well... That's obviously a prank." Lloyd muttered as he headed to the gymnasium. "I may as well go to gym today."

-----

Lloyd walked out of the locker room, he wore green basketball shorts and a white Ninjago High t-shirt. He walked past severally bullies, who looked shocked as he passed. Whispers erupted from around him. "Is that Garmadork?" One guy asked

"No way, he's actually kinda cute. Ugh, what's wrong with me?" A girl questioned

"I dunno girl, but you're right. He's kinda cute. I wonder if he has and?" Another girl replied

"What if he's one of those guys who takes off his shirt when it gets too sweaty?" Yet another girl said, a little too excited

"Dude, Garmadweeb, isn't a wimpy little guy. He's got muscle." Some guy murmured to his buddy

"So, Garmadon decided to join us today?" The gym teacher, Mr.Kalobs, questioned "What made you join us today?"

"Here are my physical papers. The sports I do are listed, you can ask my uncle if you want to confirm it." Lloyd said plainly as he handed the gym teacher the stack of papers.

"Karate, Aikido, Taekwando, Krav Maga, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Jujutsu, Brazilian Jujutsu, Judo, Boxing, Hapkido, Laidō, Jeet Kune Do, Fencing, and Kung Fu." Mr.Kalobs looked at Lloyd "You know all these fighting styles?"

"My uncle taught me. You can ask him." Lloyd replied, the teacher gave him a blank stare. "What? You think I don't need to be able to protect myself? I get beat up, not just by my father's soldiers." Lloyd looked to his classmates "But by them too. I may not use it on them, but I could. If I wanted to be like my father." Lloyd stared at the ground, "I don't hurt innocent people. Just because my father is evil, doesn't mean I am. Besides, he wasn't always bad. He was bit by the Great Devourer, a snake that continues to grow as long as it continues to feed. It's venom can turn, even the purest of hearts evil. So says my Uncle Wu at least."

"Prove it."

"Prove what?"

"That you know these fighting styles. If you can do one move from each, I'll have all the others run a lap."

"I don't want them to run a lap."

"What do you want them to do if you succeed?"

"Let them have a free day."

The teacher looked at his students. "Fine. But if you fail, you all run five laps around the football field."

"Understood." Lloyd replied as he backflipped a few feet away. "First, a jump side kick, from Taekwando." Lloyd jumped and kicked a nearby punching bag. "Second, Ashi Barai, or foot sweep." He swept his foot at a classmate's ankles, catching them before they fell.

"Thanks, Garmadweeb."

"Ignoring you." Lloyd dropped him "I'm not a dweeb." He walked back over "third, Tsukkake, or straight punch, from Judo." Lloyd punched, "fourth, shōmen'uchi, or front-of-the-head strike, from Aikido."

--------

After quite a while of proving to the gym teacher that he wasn't lying, Lloyd finally sat down. Completely fine, no where near out of breath. "That was fun." He grinned slightly as his classmates stared at him in wonder "Either they'll stop beating me up, or they'll get worse." He mumbled as he leaned against the bleachers.