Chapter 27- Attack on Central City

MacKenzie's POV

We walk into the speedlab, music plays and there's decorations everywhere.

"Wow. What a transformation. Again!" Barry says.

"So this is H.R.'s contribution to the team? Being Martha Stewart?" Jesse asks.

"Guys, he's just trying to do something nice." Caitlin says.

"Heads up!" HR says as he shoots a fake arrow at Wally. "I'm not really good with this kind of thing. You know what I got to do? I got to take some lessons from that guy in the green elf suit over there in Star City, what's his name?"

"Green Arrow." Barry and I say.

"Hey, what is all this?" Barry asks.

"Friend's Day! Ba-da!" HR cheers.

"What?" Barry asks.

"Yeah." HR says, dancing around the speedlab. "Friend's Day."

"Friend's?" Barry asks.

"Oh, it's my Earth's equivalent of Valentine's Day." HR says. "And I thought, like, after, you know, our success with the gorillas, that we should, like, celebrate the love."

"Was all this necessary?" Joe asks.

"Yeah, Joe." HR says. "Speaking of, where is your Your lady friend? 'Cause I would like to--"

"No, you wouldn't like to do anything." Joe cuts him off. "She's at work, which is where I should be going."

"Look what I have, ladies and gentlemen." HR says, pulling cards out. "I have your own personal Friend's Day card. "For yours truly, Ms. West."

"Thank you, H.R." Iris says. 

"Captain." HR says, saluting Barry. 

"Thanks, H.R." Barry says. 

"Leader of the ship." HR says. 

"Thank...thank you." Barry says. 

"You're so welcome." HR says and he moves on. "Oh, hi, Jesse So Quick. Yeah, I also made one for your grumpy old dad." HR moves over to Cisco, Caitlin, and I. "Ah, you know what I like? Yo' vibe."

"Thank you." Cisco says. 

"Caitlin." HR says, giving her a card.

"Mack-Attack. Here you go, kiddo." HR says, handing me a card. "Oh! I forgot the coffee!" He runs out.

"You have sped into my heart, Jesse Quick." Jesse reads off of her card.

Wally and Jesse talk a little. Then, Barry and Iris talk.

I open my card and smile, turning to Caitlin and Cisco.

"'Quake' you very much for being in my life.'" I read.

"Adorable." Caitlin says.

"Yes, and as much fun as this is..." Cisco says. "Barry." He calls over to Barry. "Can you take her?"

"Ughh." I groan.

"Hop on, Mack." Barry says.

I tighten the straps on my backpack and jump onto his back.

"I'll be back." Barry says, kissing Iris.

"Bye, Mack." Iris says and I wave.

***

The end of the school day, I'm walking out the doors when I'm sped away.

"Thanks." I tell Barry. "But why?"