Chapter 6- The New Rogues

MacKenzie's POV

I run down to the speedlab with Cisco and Caitlin, my purple wrists close to my chest. 

We get down to the speedlab and Barry's trapped in a...mirror...

"What happened?" Harry asks.

"I don't know." Jesse says. "I don't know, okay? I looked at Dillon, and I lost my balance."

"She's a meta-human who induces vertigo." Joe says. "She just whammied you."

"Yeah, I guess so. It doesn't really matter, does it? Because now Barry's trapped in there and it's because of me." Jesse says and she walks out.

"Well, you know, I..." Harry starts.

"I'll go talk to her." Wally says and he leaves the room.

Then, Barry speaks weirdly.

"What is he saying?" Iris asks.

"Is that some sort of mirror language?" Joe asks.

"Mirrors show objects in reverse. Maybe that's what we're hearing here." Harry says.

"Only one way to find out." Cisco says and he digs through the drawers.

"What are you looking for, Cisco?" Joe asks.

"You ever seen Twin Peaks? Of course not. Why do I ask?" Cisco says, then he pulls up a translator. "This is an old backmasking trick they used for the Man from Another Place, where they record his audio backwards and then play it forwards."

"Like the Ozzy Osbourne records." Joe says.

"Sure, let's go with that." Cisco says.

"Okay, Barry, say something." Iris says.

Barry speaks weirdly again.

"Cisco, you gotta actually turn it on." I say.

"Oops." Cisco says and he turns it on.

"Say it again." Harry says.

"Oh my god, get me out of here." Barry speaks clearly and frustrated.

"Now we can understand you." Joe says. "How do we get him out of there?"

"Barry, have you tried to phase out yet?" Iris asks.

"Yes. It's not working." Barry says.

"If Scudder used this mirror as a wormhole, then these molecules are in a hyper state of flux, so all--" Harry says.

"We need is something really cold to slow them down." Caitlin says.

"I can help with that." Cisco says. "Let's go." He says and Cisco, Harry, Caitlin and I walk out.

***

"I don't think it's gonna work." Harry says, looking at the cold gun.

"What do you mean, you don't think it's gonna work?" Cisco asks. "I built this to go to absolute zero. Plus, Mack already checked over all the wiring."

"I realize that." Harry says. "But we need the mirror to maintain zero-point energy long enough for Barry's molecules to pass through it."

"Absolute zero's more than cold enough to do that." Caitlin says.

"Normally, but we have to account for the internal energy of the mirror's molecules, as well." Harry says. "So while absolute cold might be the lowest possible temperature, it's not the--

"It's not the lowest enthalpy state possible." Cisco says.

"Exactly right." Harry says.

"So what are we gonna do?" Caitlin asks.