It was Gao Yu!

Gao Yu was hidden in the body of the Evil God. At that crucial time he used his soul consciousness to pull on the Evil God and disturb the Evil God’s soul, causing it to then fall from the sky due to a loss of control.

Gao Yu’s figure became clear in the pupils of the Evil God. From inside the Evil God’s pupils he also saw Qin Lie. He saw Qin Lie’s joy and also his urgency…

“You recognize him?” Xue Li’s voice resounded inside Qin Lie’s mind.

“He’s a friend of mine! A very good friend!” Qin Lie shouted.

“So that is the reason. I was wondering why the Evil God gave up on chasing us.” Xue Li’s voice was slightly surprised. “I had not expected the successor to this Evil God to be your friend. Very interesting. This friend of yours has a strong mind. He has just received the inheritance yet dares to betray his master… ha, if he falls into the deep abyss of evil, he could possibly become a great calamity.”

Qin Lie was silent. He only gazed at Gao Yu in the eyes of the Evil God, watching as his figure became blurry again.

He already guessed that the clarity of Gao Yu in the Evil God’s pupils meant that Gao Yu was in control. If he became blurry, then the Evil God was in control…

And, right now, Gao Yu was undoubtedly not in control. He didn’t know what Gao Yu, who received the inheritance and then immediately betrayed his master, would suffer for resisting the will of the Evil God.

“Don’t worry, nothing will happen to the boy. It is extremely difficult for an Evil God to choose a successor. The successor of the Evil God is responsible for bringing the Evil God back to life. No matter what that kid does, the Evil God will not abandon him,” Xue Li said.

Hearing him say this, Qin Lie felt slightly reassured.

In Icestone City, when everyone had been trying to kill him, it had been Gao Yu that killed the martial practitioners of the pavilion at a crucial time and helped him escape onto Commerce Street. Gao Yu helped a blood covered Qin Lie make it to Li’s Shop.

Today, in this Nether Realm, when the Evil God’s aura was growing, it fell at its strongest time.

—Once again, it was Gao Yu who saved him.

Qin Lie looked deeply at Gao Yu’s figure that gradually blurred in the eyes of the Evil God. He was deeply moved and resolved—regardless of whether or not Gao Yu fell into the abyss of evil, as long as he, Qin Lie, was alive, he would help Gao Yu recover himself!

“Hah, pretty good determination. Have you thought it through, though? There will be a day when this boy called Gao Yu will become the public enemy of the continent, more hated than even the evil races of the Nether Realm. If everyone wants to kill him, what will you do?” Xue Li said with a cold smile.

“If that day ever comes, I will pay any price to save him. No matter who wants to kill him, I will do my best to interfere!” Qin Lie shouted.

“If you do that, you will become enemies with the world!”

“That does not matter!”

“Hah! Good boy! You have quite the courage!”

As Qin Lie and Xue Li’s soul conversed, the blood demon was like a bloody red arch in the sky that flew towards the Nether Battlefield.

Drops of fresh blood occasionally dripped to the ground. The body of this blood demon was quickly shrinking.

“This blood golem is formed from fresh blood. When the power in the blood is used up, it will disappear.” Xue Lie’s soul fluctuations started to settle. “I’m also a bit tired, so I’ll return to your orb.”