Imani

Three months had passed since the last time I saw the devil. I was happy, because I didn't have to deal with that egotistical maniac.

Ms. Rodriguez stayed true to her word, so I couldn't work for her for an entire year.

I had my 90 clock hours, so I started at a daycare, but things were tight around the house.

Isaiah had just started school, and since it was my day off, I decided to chill and watch my favorite movie. Belle's father had just left when my doorbell rang.

Who is it ? It better be a freaking emergency, I'm trying to watch my movie.

As soon as I opened the door, I regretted it.

"What do you want." I asked as he pushed his way in my house.

He just shrugged and sat on my sofa. "Why the fuck are you watching Beauty and the beast?" He started laughing uncontrollably.

I blushed. "Cause it's my favorite movie."

He's still a jerkoff.

"Now what do you want from me ? Are you going to apologize ?"

Nathaniel looked at me, turning red. "Why would I ever apologize to you? If I recall, you were the disrespectful one." He yelled at me.

Now I was furious. "Excuse me, are you forgetting how you threatened me, twice ? You made me walk home at 4 in the morning, you bastard. What if something happened to me? You expect an apology from me?"

I know my neighbors could hear everything through these thin walls, but at the moment I couldn't care less. This man was on a serious power trip.

"You wouldn't have had to if you didn't spazz out like a little bitch."

I know he did not just call me a bitch.

"I'm a bitch because what? I told you that you're an arrogant insecure asshole ? News flash, it's true. What does that make you?"

"The person who owns you." He said calmly.

"Get out of my house now." I growled.

I'm not a piece of property.

He chuckled before heading to the door. "You mean my house. I own this entire apartment complex, sweetheart."

My mouth dropped.

"Be ready by 8, wear a black dress, silver accessories. You can leave your hair down tonight. See you then, darling." He snickered before shutting the door.

The minute Nathaniel left, I locked up, sat down and cried.

When are things going to get better?