Chapter four

Logan turned to see who it was, knowing from just the voice, but was making sure. Yeah, it would be Patton. The moral side rushed to Logan and sat on the bed.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Patton was clearly concerned. That's when Logan began to ball, spilling out his emotions.

"You can't fall in love, especially when you're an emotionless being. And he can't fall in love with me because of that. He doesn't even care. He doesn't even noticed the littlest of things when I'm not doing as well as I should be," Logan went to hug the fatherly figure, crying on his shoulder. Patton sighed, stroking his hair.

"He cares, Lo. He just has a different way of showing it," Patton's voice was soft, but was loud enough to hear above the sobbing mess that was Logan. "And you're allowed to feel. Not all logic is fact. Some logic follows morals, and what you think is right and wrong." Patton shifted onto the bed, letting Logan lay on him. Logan shook his head, not saying anything to further protest the silly idea Patton had offered to him. Patton sighed again, having so much to say, but figured that it would be best to stay quite. He pulled out his phone and began to play some soft Lo-Fi beats, just to help calm the atmosphere. The other side was squeezing Patton tightly, wanting to have more emotional support. He began to think deeper as to why Virgil would never love him back. His smile seemed brighter when he was gone. His laughed seemed more genuine, and he actually seemed to enjoy himself. This only caused further crying. Patton looked down at him.

"Logan, you never know if he likes you back if you don't tell him how you feel. Even if you get rejected, at least you'll know how he feels."

"So, you think he's going to reject me?" Logan's voice was slightly raised, but was enough to make Patton tense.

"I uh...n-no! Of course not, Lo. I mean, is there a possibility? Yeah, but it's better to know than to stew in this whirlpool of emotions. Trust me, I've been there," he looked away from Logan. The logical side didn't notice the change of tone once Patton talked about himself, but that was only because he was trying to understand. There was another knock at the door frame. The two simultaneously looked, seeing Virgil stand there, both confused and shocked at the sight. Logan immediately got up, his face going red as he wiped his tears. He adjusted his glasses and tie, sitting upright.

"I a-apologize, Virgil," he sniffed, continuing, "wh-what is it that you w-want?" The intellectual side mental kicked himself for stuttering so much. Virgil looked at the ground, shaking his head.

"I can...always come back later. Sorry if I uhm...interrupted anything," Virgil looked at Patton with a small glance before he shuffled away. Logan was about to get up, but Patton held him down.

"Let him go. I was just talking to him, and he might be a little too emotional. Both of you would be," the moral side began to lean backwards, bringing the other along with him. The two stayed like that for hours, nothing but music in the background. It felt nice to know there was a side there when it is needed, even for a short while.