Making A Comeback

Making A Comeback

Nine Months Later

It's been a month since Lauren got out the pen and she saw that Keisha made a name for herself. She was so proud that Keisha turned her life around and wondered if she could do the same for herself. If she was ever going to get Keisha, and she was going to get Keisha, she needed to change. Keisha may not have known this, but she had a place in Lauren's heart. She was walking around downtown Hollywood and past by a HELP WANTED sign for X Rated Records. They needed a janitor, she knew how to clean, and knew Keisha was signed to X Rated Records. This was going to be the perfect job for her. But first she needed a makeover and a new identity. She went inside asked for an application and left. She strolled to the nearest payphone and called her only friend, Marquis.

"Who's this?" Marquis answered when he picked up.

"It's Lauren. Hey, can you do me a favor?"

"Oh what's good girl? I didn't know you got out the pen. How's life going for you? I really missed you and you really need to stop robbing people and breaking into houses. Like it's not good, you oughta to get a real job..." Marquis kept going on and on in Lauren's ear. As much as she loved him she forgot what a pain in the ass he was.

"Marquis, shut up for a second and let me talk. I need your help, can I come by your place?"

"Yeah, you could if you had money to get a flight to LA and if my girlfriend wasn't here."

"I'm already in LA— Wait what? You got a girlfriend?" Lauren was shocked to hear that. Usually Marquis was to too bi-curious to stay in a relationship with one person, of the same sex or the other sex.

"Yeah, I know right I finally picked a side. But how did you get to LA?" He asked suspiciously.

"I'll tell you when I see you. Do you have the same address?" 

"Yeah. And you better not have a devious and an illegal plan in mind, Lauren. Cause we both know how you can get."

"Shut up. And I'll see you in a few." Lauren hung up and hailed a cab. She had a plan and, legal or illegal, she was going to make sure she saw it through.

When she arriveed at Marquis' apartment she was stunned when she laid eyes on his girlfriend. She was beautiful, but Lauren's heart belonged to only one girl. When his girlfriend finally left his house, Lauren decided it was time to let Marquis know what she was up to.

"Okay so what is this favor you need?" Marquis inquired.

"I need you to create an alias for me. I'm trying to win the heart of this girl, but I know she's not gonna fall for this me, so I need a new me."

"Wait what? Didn't I tell you no more criminal activities, besides you know I left that game awhile ago."

"Come on, Marquis. Please, this is the only thing I need from you." Lauren begged.

"And why should I help you?"

"Because I'm you best friend, I'm bigger than you, I'm in love." Lauren mentioned the few excuses she knew that would make Marquis change his mind.

"Alright, fine. I'll help, but if anyone asks I'll deny that I had anything to do with this. And you know I'm good at covering my tracks." Lauren knew that Marquis wasn't lying, but she would make sure she did things carefully according to plan, so the cops wouldn't have to know or become involved.

Lauren had a new identity and a new look thanks to Marquis and his girlriend, she seemed girlier than she'd ever been, and she hated it. But at least, she didn't even look like she just got out of jail. Her new name was Missy Jones born January 17, 1982. This plan was going to have to work. She knew Marquis didn't want to be apart of it, but she was going to need him more than ever. First of all, she had nowhere to stay and second she had no money. She may be applying for this janitor job, but who says she'll actually get it. She filled out the application, gave it in, and got interviewd about an hour ago, but she wasn't 100% sure she was getting the job even if it wasn't an important job. But she knew X Rated Records was an important place, and for such an important place they wouldn't want people like her working around their important files, or their money.