24th| Masquerade | Romance

Your new boss recently inherited his father's company. Everyone has worked hard to close a major deal as well. The mood is celebratory. Since Halloween is also the boss's birthday, he decides to thank everyone by hosting a masquerade ball on Halloween night. And he certainly knows how to throw a party. Unfortunately your date bails on you at the last minute. Not letting that ruin your night, you dress to impress, get your mask on, and arrive fashionably late.

The food and entertainment are top notch, but there's just no magic and you decide to call it a night a bit earlier than you expected. As you're making your rounds to say goodnight, a mysterious stranger strikes up a conversation. In 500 words or less, what does s/he say to convince you to stay just a little longer? Does s/he ever reveal his/her identity? And how do you react?

 In 500 words or less, what does s/he say to convince you to stay just a little longer? Does s/he ever reveal his/her identity? And how do you react?

Deadline: November 7th, 2018, 11:59pm EST

Word count: Maximum 500

Optional: Tag your story #Romance and #HalloweenVault

Prize: Winners will be featured in our Halloween Anthology, added to our reading lists if it's a standalone or in a book created specifically for this contest, receive shout-out and a Winner's book sticker.

How to join: You MUST fill in this form and you may share your link below.

SCAVENGER HUNT!

Roses are red,

And scattered about,

Despite her name,

Her luck's run out.

Fill out the form,

With your best guess.

We'll let you know,

If it was a success.

Clue: Romantic Suspense books

How to join: You MUST fill in this form. DON'T share your answer in the comment section as it'd spoil the fun.