Epilogue

~Five Years later~
"Hazel!" I shout as I see her run out of our relatively new house with something in her hands. Her laughter rings through the room as I run after her. She stops suddenly that it catches me off guard, and we tumble down to the ground. "Why did you suddenly stop?" I ask her as I get off of her. Hazel brushes off the dirt off of her dress and motions for me to look past her.

Glancing behind her, I notice something in the forest.  It definitely isn't an animal, nor is it a human due to its scent. "Hades, do you think—"

I motion for her not to say his name nor think of the idea of it being him. He couldn't have found us. Unless Ruby has passed away if so, it could be the Firms guards preparing to bring us back.
"Stay here, and I'll go check it out," I say to her as I take one of her daggers out of my pocket. Hazel grabs hold of my arm to stop me.

"No, I'll go since I'm more skilled in combat." She says as she takes back her dagger. Before she could even take a step, the figure in the forest moves closer to us.

"Who's out there! Show yourself!" I shout. Hazel's eyes turn golden as she looks at the figure. "Can you see who it is?" I ask her.

"No, the person has a cloak on that covers their face." She replies. Turning my hawk eyes on, I look at the hooded figure and notice that dark black cloak and a bird flying near it. Once the person got closer, I saw who it was. Hazel notices as well since she lowers the dagger. The person lifts the hood to reveal the most powerful witch in the Firm. "Ruby?" Hazel shouts in disbelief.

The now older woman smiles as she walks closer to us. "What are you doing here?" I ask her as I offer her my hand. She takes it and gives me a friendly smile.

"Well, you guys haven't replied to my letters, so I decided to come over to see you two soulmates." She replies with a chuckle.

"We can explain that," Hazel says as she hugs her. "Hades and I cut off any contact we have with that place. Any letter that is addressed to us is immediately burned."

"Smart thing to do since the Firm has been looking for the two traitors." She reveals. Entering the house, I offer a chair in the dining table to her, which she gladly takes. Hazel sits opposite of Ruby as I sit next to her. "You both know what they would do to you if they found you."

"Yeah, we know," Hazel says as she looks down at her hands.

"Well, at the moment though they are focused on something horrible that just happened—"

Hazel puts her hand up to stop Ruby from continuing. "No, we don't want to hear anything that has to do with that place. Please don't inform us of anything." She politely declines.

"But—"

"Ruby, this is our world now. The Firm does not exist in this world that Hazel and I created. Please respect our choices." I demand. Ruby smirks as she looks between Hazel and me.

"My, how you two have grown. I can see you two aren't the helpless young kids that came to me." She says with a smile. "I have no other choice than to respect your choice."

"Thank you," Hazel says as she holds my hand in hers. "How is your family?" She asks. Ruby's smile falters at the mention of her family.

"Well, my dear husband has departed from this world and has left me quite heartbroken." She replies as she wipes away a single tear.

Hazel gasps, "How did he pass?"

"An illness took over his body, and he lost the battle. There are somethings my magic can't prevent." She replies with a sad smile.