XXI

~Two Days Later~

"I can't stand him anymore!" Hazel shouts as tears fall from her bruised left eye. Sitting her down, I place an ice pack on her eyes, making her hiss in pain.

"Is this all he did to you?" I ask as I scan her body for any more bruises. Hazel takes the ice away from me and puts it down on my brown coffee table.

"Yes," she answers, looking me straight in the eyes, "don't think I let him off for free."

Something deep down sank as I grab her wrist, "What did you do, Hazel?"

She looks at me with wide eyes, "it's safe to say we have to leave now."

"Hazel!" I shout since we were supposed to leave in a week.

"Hades, we are in danger!" She urgently whispers to me. "He's going to want revenge for what I did." I grab hold of her so tight that it made her burst into tears. The fear we both had become more evident that it also made me cry.

"We'll be fine since it's nighttime," I whisper into her hair. She nods her head slightly without saying a word. "Has Ruby put the spell up?" I ask her.

"Not yet," she slowly answers. "She thought she had more time."

I caress her hair to calm her down. "It's fine, I'll wake up Tyler, and you'll contact Ruby," I instruct her. "Stay calm," I add as I softly leave a kiss on her quivering lips. Getting off the leather couch, I rush to Tyler's door and pound on it.

"Tyler!" I shout after awhile. The orange door swings open to reveal an angry Tyler. His brown eyes are red due to the lack of sleep. Entering his apartment, I kick over some empty bottles.

"What the hell are you doing?!?" Tyler shouts at me.

I stop and let out a deep sigh. "I needed to let off some steam," I answer.

He looks over me with a concerned look, "what happened now?"

I could feel the anger rising as I remember that bruise on her eye. "He laid a hand on her, and I swear Tyler that if I do see him, I will rip him to shreds," I growl.

"Where is she?" He calmly asks me as he rubs his forehead.

"At my apartment," I reply as I cool down.

"How did this happen? I know he's violent with her but never to this degree." He says as he looks around his apartment.

"I don't know how or why all I know is that we have to go." I hurriedly say to him. "Hazel did something that is forcing us to go now!"

Tyler's eyes widen as he grabs my wrist. "What did she do?" He asks. I rip my wrist from his grasp and stare at him. "Hades, don't tell me she..."

"No! She didn't do anything that bad, but let's just say he will want revenge." I clear up.

Theo comes from the room with the handles of the bag in his mouth as it drags behind him. Tyler takes it from the tiger and places it on his shoulder. "What about the spell?" He asks.

"Ruby is working on it right now," I reply. "Hopefully, she can handle the pressure of the spell."

Tyler nods his head, "that spell takes a week to complete. It could kill her!"