Tragity and Companionship

The crowd was not as full as before, though there were still some fans cheering on. The trio marched in forth to the arena.

"So Buck, how are you at combat?" Furline asked.

"You bet your life I can kick ass" Buck replied. The cat Chuckled.

"Cocky aren't ya?"

"I just want to get out of here and not deal with you people. I have mo"

"Yeah yeah yeah, "more important business up there". Come on man lighten up."

Buck rolled his eyes.

"...So bu-" Furline was going to ask Buck something but then suddenly a massive snap was heard. People were frightened as they looked around.

"KING RODGER LOOK OUT!" An onlooker from the crowd shouted as he pointed to a falling bar of lights swinging low fast towards the king. The king pulled out his mallet but he was too late as the lights smashed into him, launching him across the room.

"Rodger!" Furline cried out. Everybody ran up to the fallen king. He was groaning, his head was bruised badly.

"Are you ok your Royal Highness?" said someone who looked to be sort of

medical occupation.

"M-my boy, I would love to s-saa-aay I am for the hundredth time. But I think it's time I crack out of it." The king Replied.

"Don't say that Rodger! You've been through this so much!" Furline Claimed, almost into tears.

"Cathy girl, those were the grand ol days. But I was much younger along with my Bones and stuff. I think... it's  think time I resigned my position."

"What?!" Gasped everybody else.

"Yes yes, I know it's a rather..." The King coughed, it was scratchy and crackly. "... rather an extreme choice, but I knew it would come to this. But I know who I shall resign this role too. I shall announce this tomorrow morning."

"Your Highness please, don't go this far already, I'm sure we can get you back into shape."

"would you really want to send an old man into a dangerous game?"

"I mean everybody grows their own way"

"and this is my way, that's final" The crowd went silent, starting some whispers to each other. Furline started to burst into tears as she hugged The King tightly.

"Hey come on young lady, I'm not going to die right now, I'm just retiring." The king said, patting Furline head.

"I know but it feels like it is..."

"Hey there come on, let's talk about this later alright? I need to sort these out soon"

"Hey what about the fight? who's gonna get me out of here?" Buck asked.

"Well, whatever the next person to take my position I choose and trust me you will be out of here." The rest of the medical team comes and starts to carry and lead The King through to the medical area. Furline, still crying, hugged Buck tightly.

Buck was gonna get her off, but then he remembered that he felt the same way before. Losing somebody he truly cared and loved for. Buck just simply allowed Furline to Sob for so long.

After For what seemed like hours to Buck, eventually, Furline lifted herself.

"Thank you... I really needed that." Furline said

"... it's nothing I guess. I know how it feels to lose somebody." Buck said.

"Well... sorry to hear that."

"It's fine, I normally forget."

"Hmm..." Furline Walked out of here to where the king was sent to.

Buck, still wanting more to get out of here, went off to look elsewhere. He headed back through the casino, across the hall from the ladder to the Grassy meadow. Buck headed down the hall and was led to a town center. Lots of stands that sold many things, upwards stairs that lead to neighborhoods filled with two or four-story tall homes.

There was loud music playing over to the left of Buck. It sounded like a plethora of brass instruments performing a rather intense song.

Buck went on up the street as he seemed to enjoy the music playing. As he made up the top, there was a large field filled with many citizens, and a massive stage with a band of eight people playing.

Buck walked on down to see far as could go with the massive audience. He sat and listened with the rather quiet audience. Sometime near the end of the song.

Furline found and sat next to Buck.

"Finally find you," Furline said

"Well I have nothing else to do" Buck said

"Right... So I talked to the king and asked who he was gonna resign his role too."

"Alright" "... He said it was me"

"Huh, neat."

"Yeah... I wanna show you something"

"Depends on what it is"

"Come on" Furline said as he grabbed Bucks arm. Buck rolled his eyes and followed her. Furline leads Buck to the opposite street to the end with the massive Apartment complex. They both went in, the lobby was very decorative. Lots of paintings of many people; flowers, and posters.

"Welcome back Miss Mal" Said the Man behind the desk. He was skinny with clothes matching the White and yellow color scheme of the apartment. He was a Bulldog humanoid.

"Good day to you Alex," Furline responded.

"Checking in?"

"Yep"

"I suppose your hare buddy is with you"

"Yeah"

"Alright, here you go" Said Alex as he passed Furline's card.

"Have a good day"

"You too Alex" Furline waved as she leads Buck to the elevator.