Sequeal Chapter One!

(Violet's POV)

                    I'm dead, but I'm still breathing

I'm dead, but I'm still breathing. Everything is dark, but my eyes are open. For what feels like years, I've heard loud sounds coming from outside the experiment lab. Part of me hopes Blue made it out, the other part wishes him a quick death. For mine is ever lasting. I wait day in and day out to die. I have been for the past few days—or months. Years. I haven't seen the outside world in such a long time. I hardly think the outside world I knew exist anymore.
Suddenly, I see the door open. No no no no no no! A shadow appears, moving quickly and gracefully. Like a ballerina. Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice. One I have longed to hear for so long.
"Violet!" The voice says.
A woman with straight, red hair appears. Her green eyes are locked on me. That's when I recognize her. Natasha Romanoff. I call out her name but no words leave my mouth. Natasha lifts her wrist to her mouth, her eyes full of concern.
"We need a medic at the SHIELD headquarters." The same annoyed voice, "Repeat. We need a medic at the SHIELD headquarters."
"Copy that." A voice says.
Natasha walks over and takes out a knife from her pocket. She cuts my bounds, being quick about it. My body falls to the floor, hitting hard on the concrete floor. I can't move my limbs. Natasha rolls me over, holding my face.
"God, what have they done to you?" Natasha says in a worried voice, bringing her wrist to her mouth. "Sam, do we have eyes on Cap?"
"Yeah we found him. He's being sent to the hospital now." Cap? Why is Steve being sent to the hospital? "You got his girl?"
"We're going to need a serious medic." Natasha says in a concerned tone of voice, "Chief is safe. We have him on his way to Avengers Tower."
"Any eyes on Fury?" Fury? Nick Fury?
"He's disappeared, as usual." Natasha smirks, something I recognize. "I contacted Tony and the other Avengers. They're on their way."
Natasha brushes a hair out of my face.
"Be nice to meet all of them in the flesh." The voice on the other line says.
"Everything is going to be okay, Violet." Her words echo out as everything goes black.

Beep. Beep. Beep.
I can feel my face scrunch up, my muscles tensing as my head begins to pound. Where am I? Groaning, I decide that I need to wake up. My eyes flutter open, everything is a blur. I blink a few times, getting used to my surroundings. I look over to see a gift basket. I reach out for it. The sound of someone clearing their throat makes me stop. I look over towards the sound, seeing Natasha at the door. She's leaning against the door frame, smirking.
"Same old Violet, I can see." Natasha walks over to the chair beside the bed.
"How lon—" my voice is hoarse, I clear my throat. "How long was I out?"
"A couple days." Natasha says in a lower tone "We thought you wouldn't make it, kid."
"Thank god for my healing abilities, huh?" I say sarcastically.
Natasha smiles. "Yeah, it came in handy once again."
Suddenly, an instinct kicks in. Something is missing. Blue. I begin to look around the room in panic. Natasha leans into me, putting her hands on my arm.
"Whoa whoa whoa! What's going on?" Natasha says concerned.
"Where's my baby?" I say weakly, tears fall down my face. "Where's Blue?"
"He's fine." Natasha rubs my shoulder. "Chief's with Tony."
Something vigorous and hollow fills my chest. The thought of that traitor makes me sick. He handed me over to HYDRA. He handed my child over to HYDRA. He's the cause of all of this. I hate him with all my soul.
"How did you find me?" I say with tears in my eyes.
"Steve wouldn't stop until he had you and Blue back." Natasha says with a sad smile. Steve. "SHIELD was being run by HYDRA associates and we exposed them to the world."
"Where's Steve?" I say concerned.
Natasha breaks eye contact, looking to the floor. She gulps. All the nervous signs. I put my hand on hers, making her look up at me.
"Where's Steve?" I repeat.
"Here in the hospital." My heart drops to my stomach, "He and this man called The Winter Solider fought on a crashing helicarrior. It crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. We found Steve unconscious—"
I let out a shaky breath, tears falling done my cheeks. God no. Please oh please, don't let it be true! Natasha takes her hand out of mine. She wipes her hands on her jeans, fidgeting in her seat.
"He's awake." Natasha says lightly.
"Is he hurt bad?" I sob.
Natasha shakes her head. "He just had a hard impact from the water. He has a bad cut on his mouth—it needed stitches. But other than that, he's alright."
"Can I see him?" I spray to stand up but fail to.
Natasha gently pushes me back down, shushing me.
"You're in no condition to move, Violet." Natasha says, "You're not completely healed."
"But I want to see Steve." I whine.
Natasha gives me a look. One mothers give their children when they're being dramatic and ridiculous.
"He wants to see you too." She smiles, "But like we've all told Rogers, you two need a few more days to heal."
"So when will we be able to go back home? Hopefully SHIELD will give him some time off." I say
Natasha starts to say something but then stops herself. Her gaze drops down to the floor. She begins to fidget, slightly rocking her self back and forth.
"Violet," Natasha winces, looking up at me "there is no SHIELD."