Chapter 29: She's WHAT?

(Violet's POV)

                      Dr

Dr. Helen Cho is a slim, Asian woman with big eyes. Bruce had called her in since she was an expert in science and medicine, along with the human body. Dr. Cho had dome lay down on a metal bed, asking me questions before she examined my stomach.
"When did this weird movement start?" Dr. Cho says.
"It started earlier today, as I was getting off the elevator." I say as she takes my vitals. "It was really weird."
Everybody sits around the room, out of Dr. Cho's way. Steve and Tony both stare at me worriedly. Clint sits in a chair eating the rest of my sandwich, the bastard. Bruce stands on the other side of me, helping Dr. Cho check me.
"Have you been out of the country in the past few days?" Dr. Cho feels my heart beat. "In the hospital recently?"
"Yes." I nod my head, feeling funny about her question.
"What were you in the hospital for?" The asian doctor says.
"She had a gunshot wound near her heart." Bruce answers for me.
"Can I see your bullet wound?" I nod and pull my shirt down to where I had been shot.
Dr. Cho gives me a confused look "I don't see any bullet wounds. Where is it?"
I point to where I had been shot at. The doctor gives me a confused look, shaking her head. Bruce mirrors her expression.
"I don't see a bullet wound." She says, "Was it on the other side, perhaps?
"No, I was shot near my heart. It just barely missed my heart." I say calmly, "I healed over night."
Dr. Cho gives me a look. "Miss Stark, bullet wounds can't be healed overnight."
"Violet is telling the truth, Helen." Steve says from across the room.
"Yeah, Violet left the hospital the next day after we brought her in for a bullet wound." Natasha says, "We all thought it was kind of strange."
Dr. Cho thinks for a moment, staring at my bulging stomach.
"I'm going to have to run some blood work and an ultrasound." Dr. Cho says, "I need to see what's inside you. I have a hunch on what it is."
"And what could that be?" Tony says concerned, walking over.
Dr. Cho types something on her computer before turning to us.
"Life."

An hour after taking some blood, the movement inside me has started getting more and more active. It hits me in the wrong spot and I pee all over the metal table. I groan and stand up, cleaning it up. I feel someone grab the back of my dress pulling it close together. I turn around to see Steve, who I give a confuse look to.
"You're bare back and butt was hanging out, honey." He kisses my forehead, "Lay back down."
I lay back down, annoyed at this. What is wrong with me? Why am I experiencing all these changes? Could it be cancer, like Natasha suggested? The thought scares me. Steve brushes my hair out of my face, pulling a few strands behind my ear. I smile up at him, glad to have him back. Dr. Cho's heels click against the floor. I look over to see her looking through some papers, she has a concerning look on her face. Grave and pasty white. Everyone comes closer, waiting for Dr. Cho to give us the info.
Dr. Cho looks at me, a white ring around her mouth. I used to get them when I was little, when I used to vomit.
"I researched the hospital you had went to and I tested your blood." Dr. Cho's voice is clear, but I can tell she found something. And it's not good. "Miss Stark, when was the last time you had sex?"
The whole room goes silent. You could hear a pen drop. Everyone's eyes are on me and Steve. I clear my throat nervously.
"20 days ago." I say awkwardly, looking to Steve. "The afternoon before you left."
"Do you usually use protection?" My hands start to sweat.
This is embarrassing. Having to talk about your sex life in front of your dad and all of his coworkers/your friends. Thank God Thor isn't here. Then this would truly be embarrassing.
"Yes, we do." Steve clears his throat, awkwardly.
"Well, did you use any protection 20 weeks ago?" Dr. Cho says, confusing me.
"Yes, we alway—" We didn't use any 20 days ago.
"Mmhhmm..." Dr. Cho hums, making me feel guilty. "I'm going to do an ultrasound to see what may be inside your stomach, or uterus."
Or uterus? I give Dr. Cho a confused look. I look over at Pepper, who shares the same expression as I do. What could be in my uterus? The only thing that could possibly be in my uterus is—my body goes still. Oh my, god. Oh my, god. Oh my, god. Oh my, god! The pierces of the puzzle are starting to form a picture. And it's a terrifying sight. Dr. Cho lifts up my shirt, revealing my bulging belly. A few tears escape through the corners of my eyes. Steve gives me a confused look, wiping them away with his thumb. Only if he knew what I was thinking...
Dr. Cho puts some jelly on my stomach, her little ultrasound gun thing moves around on my stomach. My heart is racing. Could I be? Is it possible? Is that why I've been acting so insane lately? Suddenly, a sound echoes through the room. Like a rapid thudding sound.
"What the hell is that?" Happy says confused.
I look over to see Clint's face in total shock. He knows what I know now.
"It's a heartbeat." I say in a low voice, tears falling down my face. Oh god.
Tony looks at Steve angrily. "What have you done to my daughter, Rogers?"
Steve looks like a puppy, innocent and confused. His blue eyes stare at everyone widely, shrugging from his lack of knowledge.
"I can see him," Him? Oh my god! My heart skips a beat "He looks healthy."
"He?" Tony says confused, "The thing inside my daughter is a he?"
"The baby is a he, yes." I can feel the tense in the room at the word baby.
Tony stares at me for the longest time, a blank look on his face. He finally turns to Dr. Cho, laughing nervously. Steve looks down at my bulging stomach, his eyes wide.
"Did you just say a baby?" Tony was in disbelief, laughing.
"Yes, I can see the testicles here on the screen." Dr. Cho nods, "So, to be clear, the movement inside Violet is the baby kicking."
"So what you're trying to tell me is that my daughter—my young, only daughter is...?" Tony begins to wince.
"—pregnant." Dr. Cho finished Tony's sentence.