S i x t e e n

I sat in homeroom anticipating the inevitable hurricane of questions that was about to surround me as Jake, Cait, and Veronica entered the room.

They took their seats next to me, hungrily awaiting each and every detail from the previous night.

"So did you guys fuck or what." Jake said lazily.

Cait reached over Veronica to give Jake a high five.

"No, you perv. We just drank Starbucks." I shook my head laughing.

"Yeah right" said Veronica "not even a little peck on the cheek?"

"Nope." I responded propping my head up with my arm.

"So was it a good date, like did you enjoy it?" Cait asked

"Yeah, we split a drink and the walk to the place was beautiful." I attempted to summarize every conversation and every moment that had made my heart flutter to my friends and by the time I had finished each girl was in their own state of speechlessness.

Jake was, again, the first to speak.

"Damn Harley, you actually pulled off a killer first date. Who knew?"

Cait and Veronica laughed as I nodded my head in agreement.

"Certainly not me." I stated, actually meaning it.

We continued laughing for a minute before I turned my attention to Aiden and Connor who had just taken their seats.

Connor waved veronica over and she left to join him on the other side of class.

I smirked at her and glanced back to Aiden to find him already looking at me.

His gaze brushed over me and lingered on my eyes for a second before he motioned for me to come over to him.

I turned to my friends to see if it was cool if I left for a minute or two. They smiled at me and let me go.

I shot a glance at her before taking my seat next to Aiden.

He greeted me as he usually did

"Hey, Harls." He said toying with a strand of my hair.

I looked down at the lock of my hair curled around his fingers and smiled.

"Hi, aids." I said grabbing his hand.

I tried desperately to swim through the haze that clouded my mind due to his touch.

"What's up." He said smirking as he sat back in his seat.

That damn smirk wasn't making it any easier on me and he knew it.

"Gas prices." I said instantly regretting it.

Where was I getting my flirting skills from, a 1990's joke book?

Jake was right, I can't pull this off. He was a frickin god In my eyes and I couldn't even make solid eye contact without turning into a corny idiot.

I looked over to Connor, who had gotten up to sharpen his pencil, when I heard him laughing.

"I...uh...excuse me." He stammered trying to pass it off as a cough.

Aiden gave Connor a condescending look.

"I am the only one allowed to laugh at Harley's inability to function in my presence." Aiden said confidently.

"How do you know it's your presence causing me to act this way? It could just be the fumes from all the cologne you're wearing." I shot back moving closer to him as I mimicked his smirk.

Good one, Harls

Aiden was silent for a minute. His gaze wandered around my face until finally resting on my eyes.

He spoke in a hushed but clear tone.

"I smell beautiful and you know it" with each word his tone got darker and his body got closer.

He stopped when we were about a foot apart.

He stayed there, looking directly at me. I watched as his gaze playfully flickered down to my lips for a second before returning to my eyes in order to match his stern look.

My breath quickened because for a second I thought he was going to kiss me.

But then I remembered we were in a classroom complete with a teacher and 20 other possible witnesses including Connor who was sitting less than a 5 feet away.

"You're right." I said "you smell like a flower."

He backed away smiling. His tone became softer.

"And I'm glad you picked me, Harls."

My eyes got wider as I realized how smooth that was.

He had just made a flower pun, I didn't even know you could do that.

"I'm glad I picked you too, aids." I said laughing.

I heard Connor fake-gag as he walked back to veronica but I didn't really care because all I could really focus on was the smell of flowers as Aiden's comforting arms embraced me in a hug.

Hey guys kinda short update but aye everyone loves flowers, unless they're allergic to pollen. In that case I feel u, man.

~ Harls