F o u r t e e n

I sat on my couch watching the latest episode of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" when I felt my phone buzz.

It was from Aiden.

I immediately paused the tv and shrunk down into the cushions.

Smiling, I typed in my password so I could read the text.

Aids: Hey, Harls :)

I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that he used a smiley face.

Me: hey, dork. :*

I had a sudden surge of bravery so I decided to put the kissy face next to it. Putting kissy faces in texts to your crush must be what it's like to truly feel alive. I received another text.

Aids: fun fact, dork is actually another name for a whale penis.

I smiled stupidly at the screen.

Me: really now?

Aids: yes, but I didn't text you to give you a lecture about penises.

Me: bummer, then why'd you text me, whale penis?

It was a minute before he responded but when he did I felt tingles go up my spine and back down again.

Aids: I texted you because I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to go to the Starbucks down the street after school on Monday?

He was asking me out on a date.

The Starbucks he was referring to was within walkable distance from our school so we wouldn't have to worry about a ride.

My stomach was doing flips inside my body and I really wish it hadn't been because I needed to think straight.

Me: just because i'm a white girl doesn't mean I like Starbucks, you know...just kidding Starbucks is the shit, I'm in.

Aids: hahaha I figured you'd be okay with it. I'll meet you at the bus ramp after school?

This is really cool, planning dates with your bae is great. I should try it more often.

Me: yeah, sounds good. :)

Aids: great, haha I g2g to lax, but I'll see you tomorrow.

Me: bye, whale penis.

Aids: bye, Harls. :*

Hi hi hi super short update but I had to in order to make the next one okay bye Im updating tomorrow if I'm not busy so I'll see you then

~ Harls :*