T e n

My leaned my head back on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I let out a breath, it felt like I hadn't breathed in forever. I sat up and stared at my phone. I wasn't going to play games with him, I wasn't going to wait to respond just because I was afraid of sounding needy, I wasn't going to be like that. I wanted him to know that I was comfortable with him, even though he made my stomach do twirls whenever I looked at him.

It buzzed.

The text read

Aiden: "How are you?"

My eyes fluttered shut and I felt waves of tingles going up and down my spine.

Me: "Good, and you?"

I felt awkward making small talk with him. I wanted our conversations to be deep and go anywhere. But I had to be patient I guess.

He answered right away.

Aiden: Fine, thanks. I have something to ask you."

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Me: "Okay."

I didn't really know how to respond to that but the suspense was killer. It was almost tangible.

Aiden: "Are you going to Veronica's party this weekend?"

I let out a sigh if relief/disappointment and padded my fingers across the keys.

Me: "Yeah I think so. Are you?"

I hoped he was.

Aiden: "I'll go if you go."

Me: "Then I guess I'm going."

Aiden: "I guess I'm going too."

I smiled up at the ceiling. I probably looked like an idiot, but I didn't really care.

Me: "promise?"

Aiden: "pinky swear."

I listened to the music that was coming from my computer. It was "Tennis Court" by Lorde

"Baby be the class clown, and I'll be the beauty queen in tears."

I can relate.

Except I wasn't really in tears at the moment. I'd describe my mood more like

"so happy I could pee myself at any given moment and not even care."

But I doubt Lorde would write a song about that.

Hi guys, I might do a double update, might not. Probs not, but whatevs. Also thanks for over 100 reads!! I really appreciate it.

~ Harls