Second Chance

Okay, guys! This is my favorite song in the entire story because I think it truly expresses Oswald's emotions and how much he wants to be remembered and loved once again.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)

-----

Oswald continued running until he was out of breath and stopped in the middle of a giant open area near ToonTown. He observed his surroundings in amazement and came to the conclusion that it was the perfect spot to animate his land.

Mickey caught up with him and asked if what Pete said was true, even demanding him to tell him everything.

So Oswald admitted that he is jealous of his brother since he used to be the star, but he doesn't want to steal his role as the king of Disney from him.

He just wants to go back into acting again.

He also revealed that the land he wants to animate is for forgotten Disney toons who are unable to express themselves and are losing their magic.

He then angrily asked Mickey why he's not letting them speak up. They may be the most famous animated company, but that didn't necessarily mean that all of them were famous.

Mickey in turn tried to explain that he didn't know what was happening to the lesser-known characters but also that it was pointless to get attention if no one knew who you were, and it would be a threat to those who were already well-known anyway.

Oswald stated that he was just worried about his own needs while Mickey stated that he just wanted to go back to the past and should be grateful that he was at least back home even if he wasn't in movies anymore.

Both brothers were shocked by each other's views on the importance of popularity in their lives.

[Mickey] Oswald, why couldn't you just control yourself instead of bursting like a broken faucet?

I hope you know what you're doing

I hope you know what you've done

I hope you know how you have abused all your prospects

You've succumbed to your defects

[Oswald] I hope you know what you're doing

I hope you know what you did

I hope you know how you have bathed in all your riches

You never needed stitches

[Mickey/Oswald] You'll never believe in any way

Of hoping you know what you're doing today!

Mickey couldn't take it anymore.

[Mickey] Oswald, hear me out; please, just let this go

You still have a life worth living

You can be known throughout all Disney

All this happiness can be enough

[Oswald] I know, but it's not enough

No, it will never be enough for me

Oswald gazed around the area as he remembered all the horrible things he had gone through.

I knew something happened to me; I knew it when I was sold

Now I have had enough of just doing things that I've been told

No longer will I stand in the background, no longer will I be ignored

I wanna step up my game, wanna take risks once more