Patty's bag startet to move and squeak. Patty curiously reached into it and pulled out the mamba eating the rat. She threw the snake and rat up in the air, screaming and running out.

I laughed loudly and Putzie reached across Danny and Kenickie to fist-bump me. Kenickie broke our hands away with a menacing glare to Putz.

"It's okay Putz, he's just mad that I out-did him." I laughed at Kenickie, receiving the finger to the face.

"I told ya to watch it kid." He lowered his hand and turned back to Danny.

The principal finished off by telling the school about a TV news broadcast in our gym for the dance.

Class went by with Kenickie taking every opportunity to mock me or jab me in the side. I just ignored him. Putzie and Danny started calling me "Mamba" . I liked it. It was kinda badass!

Lunch came by the time my head was really into the day. As I exited the classroom, I found Putzie and Sonny walking with Danny and Kenickie, hitting each other and rough housing. Sonny saw me and yelled, "Heya Mamba!"

I turned to him, smiling at the new name. "Hey Sonny!"

Sonny leaned in, whispering in my ear. "Hey, uh, I know Kenickie don't want me yappin', but he does think you're cut out. For a Pink Lady, I mean."

I looked at him, confused. "Pink Lady?"

Sonny raised his eyebrows and explained to me that they were the lady gang that hung around the T-Birds.

"Eh, not really into that, Sonny. Thanks though." I said, turning away. He grabbed my arm and my jacket once again rode up.

"Sonny!" I exclaimed. But it was too late. He already saw the scar.

"What's that?" He yelled.

"Shh!" I whispered to him.

"Hey, what's goin' on?" Kenickie asked, slightly annoyed.

I pulled Sonny aside, yelling a "Nothing!"

"What-what's that, Charlie?" Sonny asked me, wide eyed at my scar.

"Shh!" I said again.

"What do you mean 'Shush'? That's a cigar scar!" Sonny stuttered, pointing at my wrist.

"What?" Danny asked, coming up behind Sonny with Doody and Putzie. Kenickie stayed behind to flirt with some girl.

"Charlie here has some cigar scars. I bet it ain't the only scar she has!" Sonny said pointing at me.

"Charlie?" Danny asked, taking my wrist for a better look.

"Look, the reason why I left my hometown was because of this, if I tell you about it I'll have to move again. And I don't wanna!" I said, shakily.

"Well Kenick'll know what to do," Putzie said, turning to call him over.

"No!" I yelled, stopping Putzie. "I mean, I don't want him to know."

"Why?" Doody asked.

"I just-I don't want him to know, please." I asked, pleading eyes and looking at everyone of them.

"Well, what is it?" Doody asked, coming closer to me.

"My dad. He gets drunk a lot. He doesn't know he does it though." I said, softly.

"Well why don't you tell him?" Danny asked.

I looked at him, dumbfounded he asked that. "Because, he won't believe it. He'll just take it out on me again."

"Look, I'm gonna do somethin' 'bout it! Watch me!" Sonny said, taking off. Danny grabbed him by the collar of his leather jacket, pulling him back with minimum effort.

"Please, Sonny, all I have to do is stick it out 'til graduation. I'll be free then. It's fine." I looked at the group of boys around me and smiled. "I'm so happy that I know y'all. It makes me feel better that someone actually cares."

"Well we gotta look out for our Mamba," Danny said, ruffling my hair. I slapped it away quickly, fixing my hair. Our Mamba.

"Hey, uh, how 'bout you sit with us at lunch?" Sonny asked.

"Hey! That's a great idea!" Danny said with Putzie and Doody smiling

I laughed, but it died down when I saw Kenickie making an effort of looking like he doesn't want me with his group.

"I would love to gang, I would. I just think that Kenickie over there don't want me to." I smiled at the boys sadly, patting Danny on the shoulder.

"Hey, forget him Mamba, he don't got a say in this right now." Danny smiled. I thought about it. Since four out of five wanted me there, I'll go.

"Okay! I'll see y'all at lunch!" I say, going to the cafeteria.

[EDITED]

[EDITED]

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.